In The Cloak Of The Celt

In The Cloak Of The Celt

A Story by R J Askew

~: In The Room With Three Doors - sample the audiobook https://adbl.co/38g6S5g PM author for free promo code :~
Rhiannon Smith is oddly, acutely attuned to otherness and the presence of a make-belief friend and mentor in her life, her Green Man of Gwent whom she berates mercilessly when things don’t go her way. Her actual friends, though long used to her ways, still find her a touch strange, and Chloe accuses her of being a witch during a row in a bar over Jamie, a mutual boyfriend.
“You ever thought of getting yourself a black cat?” rails Chloe, at the height of their dispute.
“I’m not on the dark side, Chloe,” whispers Rhi.
“Not on the dark side? You are the dark side.”
Rhi bats Chloe’s accusation aside and ploughs on with her master plan of arranging things in her life and in the lives of those around her to suit her instinctive impetus towards, as she sees it on their behalf, a better way of being, following the death of her twin in a cycling accident in London.
And yet…
A black cat does feature in Rhi’s life, strolling across her garden one blue-eyed summer’s morning, seemingly out of nowhere, when she and Chloe, now reconciled and happy, and talking love and motherhood at Nightingale Wood Farm, Rhi’s watercress business in Hampshire, a dream realised.
~: Sample the audio: https://adbl.co/38g6S5g :~
The cat, says Rhi to Chloe, is Cath Palug �" Chapalau to the French �" a fabled creature from the swirling mists of Celtic myth in which a Cornish sow called Henwen is harried out of the west by King Arthur. Henwen gives birth to a water-cat which emerges from the waves of the mind to occupy and rule the Island of Anglesey, where it slays 180 of Sir Kay’s warriors when the old braggart rashly tries to slay the monster.
When next they Rhi and Chloe look the cat is gone. Was it ever there? When is it not there?
Cath Palug! Oh Cath Palug! We who are mortal may but dream in the dream of your mystical myth.
TO CONJURE AND COMMAND
Your fur, hear in which I finds myself, your fearless SAXON! flea-come-to-thee, my mythical, mystical ivy-eyed cat, your fur be mine nights of blackness, panthers confounded, my prisoner profound Cath Palug, Chapalau.
You be mine, I say mine, I be yours.
In your blood I draw forth your nature to kill I command you to walk from the water be wine I command Chapalau, your faces I shows you to hear in mine mirrowinged eye, I command thee to stalk in the cloak of the Celt you shall be, oblig’ed to me, I conjure command fish cat born of filth from the ocean thine caul, dolphinius chat, Cath Palug I do bite.
Your blood hear to draw in this thimble divine that your power be mine, I do drain to detain thy mystical myth in the warp and weft of my watery yarn, we be fluid made firm in our will to be known.
Your murderous fur, mine p***y made putty, I stroke with a will your beauteous brill hear to spill in this thrill we do chalk-streaming rill, my dipper you be, my white-bosomed beauty eyed moon in the snake that doth s-s-s-s-slithery slippery sensuous slide. How I glide, in the hyde by the dyke of the devil belies we do kneel to perceive great Angles and Saxons agog Gog Magog all agog in the hedge of a hog you be born, monstrous Chat Palug be my bride for a ride on the blink of a star.
How you do shine in the tale of a whale you be gone in a handful of flash Viking hoard of hack silver hot thrown overboard.
Come, walk through mine story of doors three be told. Sir Kay they do say to this day you did slay nine score of his fey.
Audio samples for Audible.co.uk and Audible.com to be found via the links below. Pls PM me for your free UK or US promo code.

© 2020 R J Askew


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

' .. Your murderous fur, mine p***y made putty, I stroke with a will your beauteous brill hear to spill in this thrill we do chalk-streaming rill, my dipper you be, my white-bosomed beauty eyed moon in the snake that doth s-s-s-s-slithery slippery sensuous slide. How I glide, in the hyde by the dyke of the devil belies we do kneel to perceive great Angles and Saxons agog Gog Magog all agog in the hedge of a hog you be born, monstrous Chat Palug be my bride for a ride on the blink of a star.'

What extraordinary language, it's near hypnotic, captivating.. and more. Your books reads to be extraordinary and well worth exploring. Will do so and as soon as possible because it hints at paths not travelled before... and that's certainly worth adventuring!

Take care, keep safe, sir.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 13, 2020
Last Updated on July 13, 2020

Author

R J Askew
R J Askew

United Kingdom



About
Busy re-writing a new story. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..