Then They Were Gone

Then They Were Gone

A Story by OscarRichie08
"

A story about the people who raise us

"
If I were to tell you about them, about the people who raised me, you'd say half of them could have done just fine without me. And you're probably right. They held me to standards that were way easy for me to reach even though I thought I never could. They propped me up even on my worst days. They stuck with me for as long as they could.
Then they were gone.
But they were not the only ones. I found others as well. They took over where the others faded into obscurity. By now, I was stronger and smarter and I could tell they had pitied me at first. Fair enough, I suppose. As time wore on, I could tell they genuinely lost that feeling about me. They knew me for who I was. They began to accept me as I was. I was not the person they thought I was and still they adored me.
Then they were gone.
But they were not the only ones. I soon found more. They showed me new paths I never thought of. New ways to express myself and aid in the world. They accepted me as I was but they pushed me to be better. They showed me I could be better. They were my teachers as much as I taught them. We learned from each other. We became smarter together. We made something new together.
Then they were gone.
But they were not the only ones. More followed them. The ones I have now have taught me more. They taught me patience and acceptance and love. Together we laughed and cried. We pulled each other through the brightest days and the darkest times. They are some of the greatest of the people who have raised me.
Now I am about to be gone. I am about to move on and leave them, the people who raised me. Their hearts will yearn for me but mine will fall apart for them. They will always be with me. The times we shared will exist in my mind till my days end. Just like the ones before them. Just like all the others. I am their compassion. Their strength. Their knowledge. Their humor. I am them and more. And who knows?
I might find more where I'm going next.

© 2023 OscarRichie08


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on September 25, 2023
Last Updated on September 25, 2023
Tags: life, love, knowledge, new, old

Author

OscarRichie08
OscarRichie08

MI



About
I am a young writer just starting out. I haven't had much success but I'm here so that should explain all that you need to know. I have a slight obsession with animals and sci-fi but you'll probably c.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by OscarRichie08