Sculpting With Words

Sculpting With Words

A Poem by otterbe
"

writing, beauty in art, creativity

"

Paper blank before me, stark whiteness of unwritten words, a masterpiece of nothing waiting to be brought forth. I sit admiring the art forms so beautifully expressed here in the museum. Colors, brushed hues applied over canvas once blank, very like the paper I hold. Every piece a narrative of pigments blended with strokes individual to each artist, given birth with master's touch. Marble sculptures loom in iced perfection; chiseled, hewed, whittled to flawlessness. Each a dream in the creator's mind. I am but a poor twist of lonely artist among the gifts of genius, inadequate in company of souls long gone. Words come slowly. I coax them forth gently, nibbling pen and dreaming of compositions yet unseen. My pen; the brush, the chisel of my mind's eye calls forth the beauty that surrounds me. An imperfect artisan, pen in hand, I scrape forth the strokes which call the words, turning the white starkness into running waves of thought, desire, laughter and pain. I sculpt with words.

© 2014 otterbe


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on December 18, 2014
Last Updated on December 18, 2014
Tags: writing, creativity

Author

otterbe
otterbe

Las Vegas, NV



About
I'm a retired R.N. interested in writing. I've been writing on and off since I was a child. I used to write stories for my brothers and sisters, I was the eldest of seven and had to keep them amused.. more..

Writing
Pretender Pretender

A Poem by otterbe


Cold War Cold War

A Poem by otterbe


Eulogy Eulogy

A Poem by otterbe