late night thoughts

late night thoughts

A Poem by Elaina Ashlock
"

I categorized it as a poem even though I'm literally just writing my feelings. I guess my thoughts are jumbled and poetic enough

"
love is such a powerful emotion. and when I saw you I was instantly drawn to you in what i could only describe as love. because your laugh filled the room and your eyes brightened the gloomy winter skies raging outside and in my heart. it's been a year since I fell apart and yet waiting for you was somewhat of a lifetime. I would wait it a million times just to see your face. I would bring you the moon dusted with stars on a silver platter. for you, darling, I would stay up all night to say good morning right when I saw the sun (or when I saw your smile, because they're the same thing). and I know I'm miles and miles away and the thought makes your heart break, but my god will I love you until the moon falls down, and the glistening snow turns black.

© 2017 Elaina Ashlock


Author's Note

Elaina Ashlock
I always write in lower case. Also I'm sorry for this what the heck I hate love.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love it...your eyes brightened up the gloomy winter skys - that was a fantastic line.

And so was the moon and the star line - beautiful words

What a great piece to read. Whoever else reads this i think will feel the same.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 21, 2017
Last Updated on January 21, 2017
Tags: love, longing, angst

Author

Elaina Ashlock
Elaina Ashlock

IL



About
I find my light in the darkest corners of my mind. more..

Writing