Small in an endless universe

Small in an endless universe

A Poem by outlandish
"

The meanings of petty futile wars and the vast universe.

"

Stellar cataclysms in unfathomed glory unfold in this singular universe.

Massive pinwheel galaxies collide and shatter far above our perceptions eye, far beyond comprehensions.

Light races to meet our upturned gaze while planets, stars and comet tails blazing hurtle in the endless vast dimensions.

We stare blinking blindly into the infinite the pan cosmic voided realms, ignoring tales of lesser things that exist in prescient here and now.

Collect up all the kneeling lambs the slaughters long past waiting, while battles rage from end to end in a ceaseless world’s relentless tragic pain.

We stumble on from battle to battle attrition claims our humanity as the pinwheel cataclysms rage out of sight in that expanding universe.

Whole star obliterations, planets turned to dust; we stagger and reel in unending war vendetta driven blood lust as we are told and programmed to believe.

One generation beyond another and journeys trail like comets blazing then fall as we must in turn on drench soaked battlefields for country, faith and egos.

There are no flags, no countries, no faiths; no glory there is but one universe that covers time infernal and eternal.

We battle on remorselessly over lines drawn on shifting dirt for useless flag and country, obedience to faith and majestic clothed egoists that occupy deceptive halls, minarets and spires and temples of damnation.

 

   

© 2014 outlandish


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on February 17, 2014
Last Updated on February 17, 2014

Author

outlandish
outlandish

Limassol, Limassol, Cyprus



About
Political pundit and satirist more..

Writing