The GVE wars

The GVE wars

A Story by metroids88
"

The story takes place in the future where a war has broken between to groups of people. Throughout the story there are a series of events that lead up to one point.

"
North America, what use to be a independent country was now the country of great horrors. With America's corrupted government a fatal flaw was made that led to another civil war that brought its downfall. America was no longer a great country, all it's people we're brainwashed and turned in to the tyrant, blood-thirsty people known as the Ehunta-Kira. A leader stepped up and created a strict government that people feared and if not followed death will be the consequence. With a new nation came a new name. The name Noirfair was given and soon the county began its assault against other countries, if a country lost the war the Ehunta-Kira will kill its people and claim the country as its own. Noirfair soon became the most powerful country, expanding itself and keeping people under its order. With power used liked this it needs to be stopped. In a small area in a deserted country called Japan lives the fighting group called the Guardenians. They set up several bases in the area and their plan is to take down the Ehunta-Kira and bring their downfall once and for all. I'm like any normal troop, I'm Jacob Flores and these are the stories of the GVE WARS.





I laid in bed for hours, it was one of those nights where nothing, but bad dreams filled my head. I had never had dreams so terrible, they started ever since I had to leave North America and my family was left there. I was the youngest from my family and that's what the Guardenians wanted, they only wanted the youngest to help them in the war against the Ehunta-Kira. They thought of the elders would be a burden and the kids would be more easy to train and teach than a elderly person. I remember the day it happened, the Ehunta-Kira had been running the country for only a year and then the Guardenians had been established. I was in my house, probably 15 years old and then I heard sirens go off, I looked out the window of our basement and saw the drop ships we use now land on the streets.
I saw parents running their children to the ships and men with blue and black uniforms putting the children on board. I remember my mom telling me to go and she had a backpack ready for me, she must have known they were coming, but how? I grabbed the backpack and stared at my mother one last time and she gave me a kiss. I ran out to the basement door and came face to face with a man in blue and black, he greeted me and carried me on board. We waited five or 10 minutes to get the last of the kids and then the man came in side where me and the other kids my age were sitting. He didn't bother to look at us or speak to us, he probably thought it best not to talk since these kids just left their parents behind.

The doors of the ship folded up revealing these slots in the ship that you can see through and in the top of the ship a square shape window appeared. The ship was beginning to take off I could feel the rumble as it lifted off the ground and I felt a slight shake as it went off. I looked at the square shaped window on top of the ships and saw that the ship was passing all the clouds and then something caught my eye. There was another ship, not like the ones we had gotten in to, but the Ehunta-Kira ships. These ships were super fast and can take out other ships very fast. I looked at the ship as it flew over us and disappeared, and then I heard someone talking, "this is your pilot, please all passengers hold on tight to the leather straps above, thank you." I looked up and I grabbed the strap for my dear life and held on.
I looked out the slots on the sides of the ships and saw a neighboring ship of ours flying next to us and saw faces of several other children looking out the slots of the other ship and then I saw a little streaks of bullet fire and in a flash the ship that was flying next to us has blown up. I was horrified at what I saw, those poor kids didn't know what was happening and without a warning they were killed, that could of been us I thought. I wanted to cry, what if somebody I knew was on that ship? We went on and finally arrived to the base in Japan. I had heard a conversation going on and they said 60 ships went out there to pick up the kids and only 26 came back with 20 kids dead from shock.
I was messing with a little beetle I had found on the floor when a pillow from the top bunk had come down and hit me in the face. I looked at the beetle and then it took off with its wings. From the top bunk my friend Greg had poked his head down,"get your a*s up," he said I smiled and took the pillow and hit him with it. "are you ready for the advanced training today, Jacob?" Greg said sarcastically. "yes, I just hope I don't end up like the snobs who passed and think they're everything," I say.
"I highly doubt you'll act like them, you don't have that personality in you Jacob."
"I hope I don't, but I don't need to worry about that right now. I need to worry about passing the training."
"you'll do fine."

As I'm about to get in the shower in the room I hear a loud noise and I see our bunker leader, Strats slamming the door behind him. I look and try not to stare at him because he will fight you. Last week my other roommate Abra, who has two brothers (they're triplets), had just gotten in Strats's way and he hurled Abra out the room with only his underwear on. Me and Greg went out to help him because he has been really nice to both of us. We helped him back over to my bed and gave him a pain reliever Greg had been saving, he took it and went straight to bed. Ever since that event we all tried to stay off Strats' bad side.

As I approached the shower I could feel that Strats was going to say something, I got close to the shower and then he began, "I'm pretty sure I'm suppose to take my showers first," he said. I turned to look at him," I thought you had already taken one because you were gone," I say. He gives me a dirty look and I'm about to say something, but Greg shakes his head. I look down and then I walk back to my bed and wait. One time Abra, Greg, and I happened to get a glimpse of a scar like no other on Strats' back. The scar makes a perfect circle on his shoulder blade and it bright red with small bumps all around it. I hate taking a shower after Strats because the water is super cold after.

After a cold shower I look in the mirror at my patch of discolored hair and make sure it always has a clump that dips down on to my forehead. My hair didn't always have a blond color, it use to be all dark brown, but I was one of the unlucky people to get the new set of helmets that were made and a residue in the helmet permanently turned my hair the blond color, it just doesn't match my brown eyes. And there's a couple of people who have the same problem. I walk out the bathroom and head down a flight of stairs with Abra to breakfast. I didn't get it, I didn't get how Abra and Strats were both fit and looked pretty much the same in abs and muscles, Abra just couldn't fight Strats. It must not be in his or his brothers nature. Abra did make a lot of friends and his brothers looked like him they all did some workout together so all three were equally fit. They all looked the same that you couldn't tell them apart tan skin, straight dark brown hair like I use to have and gray eyes.

Abra and I finally get down to the kitchen and find everybody eating already, his brothers Kadabra and Alakazam are sitting with my friends Greg, Bobby and Greg's girlfriend Talia. Abra and I make our way to the machines that serve the breakfast, surprisingly the food isn't bad like you would think a base camp would be. The food is actually cooked well and not bad at all and you're given a good amount. Today the food is pancakes with sausage and eggs, I'm not a big fan of the sausage so when I get to the table I offer them to Alakazam. We eat our breakfast and some people head out so they can get extra training in before the advanced training goes on. "are you nervous," asked Bobby. "a little bit, I feel like anything can happen. I heard someone say that they pick your weakness so you can overcome it," I tell him. Bobby has been a really good friend to me and we got had our ups and downs, but overall we are still good friends.

I finish my breakfast and then wait for Abra, Greg and Talia. We head go down to a hallway that leads outside in to a swamp area where me and Abra usually hang out, we leave Greg and Talia to do their own thing and Abra and I go to a forest like part of the swamp. We get to our hide out where there's a pile of old debris where a building use to stand. I'm not sure what the building could have been because the name of it is still visible, but in Japanese. Abra and I run inside the the opening that is visible and inside the some building survived the floors are tiled and there's a counter and shelves, a market maybe? Inside, me and Abra usually just talk about how training is going or if we'll ever be put in a war against the Ehunta-Kira. "do you think it'll ever happen?" said Abra. "do I think what will ever happen?" I ask.
"do you think we'll ever be able to live our old lives?"
"I'm not sure Abra, but I think it's best not to talk about those things right now."

I don't know what it was in my voice that made it sound like I wanted to cry. I hope Abra didn't think I wanted to cry because I just know later he would ask me if I'm ok. We stay in the the building for a bit more and try to figure out what the building could have been so we explore it. As we're walking I notice that there's a door I had never noticed, it looked busted up and the green paint had been peeling off it. Abra goes up to the store and starts jiggling the knob and then becomes loose and he turns it. Abra pushed open the door and it made a eerie creaking noise, the hinges must have rusted a long time ago. Abra and I both step inside and the room and it looked so much different than the rest of the building, it was painted orange, had a bed and dressers, but it was abandoned and there was nothing in the dressers, but the bed was made and very neat. "it's time we start heading back," says Abra. I nod my head and take my eyes off the bed and and walk out the door with Abra, we walk out the entrance of the old building and head back to the base. As soon as we got inside there was a loud siren going off. I turned to around to see what was happening, but only several screens appeared out the walls and what came on them was terrifying.




© 2012 metroids88


Author's Note

metroids88
Ignore grammar errors and some spelling. All of this was typed on my iPod touch. Please point out places for improvement and if some things are really crazy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
Added on November 23, 2012
Last Updated on November 23, 2012
Tags: Future, story, base, corruption, America, Japan

Author

metroids88
metroids88

Chicago, IL



About
I love fiction and Transformers, myths, and The Hunger Games, but mostly Pokémon! I like writing short stories that are usually about war or something leading to corruption. more..