One Life & More Than One Me

One Life & More Than One Me

A Story by Oyku Sefer
"

I want to write to myself a letter, but this letter not for past me, or present me. Its for future me. I hope you enjoy. Plese give me a feedback.

"

One Life & More Than One Me


Dear me,

I wanted to make a film to you: ‘Back to the Future, Öykü Edition’. Enjoy the show!


Where are you from?

Choosing the first sentence is usually difficult if you do not know anything. Many things can be listed. Hi! How are you? Perhaps, best suited to this situation: where are you? I don’t mean the city you live in. Are you where you in want to be right now? You always say: “We should decide where we are from.”. Are you in the city where you listen to someone else's adventures, or are you in the city where you tell your adventures to others? Then, where are you from now?

 

Plus will beat minus!

One day while listening to a radio program, the announcer told us to write a list of things we liked and did not like about ourselves. We have spent many hours thinking about our good features in ourselves, however we have found many bad features to write. Who knows where this list is right now, but I'm sure that the beautiful features in the list are overflowing. If you've already experienced the opposite, you should be in a mental hospital right now.

 

All my current problems are based around the past.

My aim is not to talk about past, but you always run to the past, though you always wonder about the future. The past is still standing there, climbing mountains, crossing the seas, you're back, and the past is there again, but you should learn not to come back. If you drown and become breathless many times in the past, you can never learn how to swim in the future.

 

Lost victories...

You always care about the brave people who have guided many things, but you do not even have the courage to go in different directions. I do not know if you choose your direction, but the wind does not always blow on your side. The wind may want to blow you away, you have to decide whether you want this. All you have to do is to try. You are too arrogant to enter the wars you cannot win, but your war spoils will not always satisfy you. You also have to dispose of these spoils. I'm not telling you to make mistakes, give up on what's right, but you cannot always control everything in your life.

 

Fear gives you wings.

Be afraid of fear. It sums you up. Emotions are beautiful, even the worst. One day you will die, but you do not feel one feeling: fear. It is not like opening and watching horror movies. It's like driving a bicycle steer without holding. Do not be so protective, especially against yourself. You are not a bird, but you should try to fly without a wing.

 

Director of independent films

Fall in love. You have never been in love until now, but you have not deigned to be. You ran away or postponed it. The reins of your heart were in your hands and you were holding those reins so tight that your hands were bleeding. You cannot always get your love back, just as you cannot reciprocate every love. Maybe you cannot meet a Hollywood movie cliché in this love movie, but you are the star of your own script. Stop giving yourself all the roles and missions. You do not have to be a director, actor or critic at the same time.

 

Roses are blue, not red.

Although I know that you have dreamed, I am also sure that you do not believe these dreams will come true. Do not think of dreaming as a mission. Make your dreams come true, that you will not give up. Believe it, run after it. Every imagination will not be true. You cannot say that I'm not playing just because one of your toy was broken. If you refuse to say that all the roses are red, you should paint the roses blue. In short, imagine, strive and do not give up.

 

The inexperienced sage

We cannot compare this life to the ones before it, because there is only one life. As you also believe: “Life is a reward given to us.”. You do not need to turn this prize into a penalty by saying I wish. Just think of that moment and just live that moment. Time flies, but let it drag you with it. Think of the books you cannot read, the movies you cannot watch, and the cities you cannot see. Put your memories in your pocket and spend them to make space for new ones.


Sorry not sorry

When you read it, you will feel that this list is full of features you still do not like, but I kept the beautiful ones in the end. You have great friends, do not lose them. You have a great family, do not leave them alone. You're ambitious, be more ambitious. You like to learn, seek more. Do not give up doing empathy. You have wonderful dreams, follow those dreams.

 

Missed calls 

You will ask: ‘If you knew so much, then why did you live with them at that time?’. You're right, but I need time and you should make good use of this time. I do not think you want to write us the same letter a decade later.

 

P.S. 1: Whatever it is, I love myself, you or us.

P.S. 2: I hope you don't read this letter as an engineer.

 

 

© 2018 Oyku Sefer


Author's Note

Oyku Sefer
I am not a nativ speaker, so I probaby have some grammar problems, but I try to learn my mistakes. You can leave feedbacks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
Added on May 19, 2018
Last Updated on May 19, 2018
Tags: #letter #future #nonfiction #lif

Author