A sweet beginning

A sweet beginning

A Story by Moper
"

a short fanfic I wrote about Sonoda Umi from love live. **character used belongs to its respective owners

"

“Date? Its September 18 today, isn’t it?” she looks at me bewildered, putting a finger to her chin and blankly looking at me.


Ah I see. She misunderstood. The way she looks at me like that is cute though.


“I’m asking if we can go on a date.” I repeat the question, staring at her hazel-colored eyes.


“huh?” Tilting her head to one side, confused. Her long black hair falling slightly to that side.


 “date… date… date” She looks down and mutters under her breath. Trying to remember what the word means.


I just stand there and stare at her actions, wondering when she will realize I’m asking her out. Waiting for her to understand is pretty nerve-racking. I understand that she’s pretty busy with a lot of stuff in the archery club, being an idol and her home that what I’m asking is hard to squeeze through her schedule.


“ah. a Date. An event wherein a coupl"“ She seems to realize what I’m asking as she turns bright red and stopped speaking midway.


“Yeah… that…” I get embarrassed as well, looking away.


I need to get a grip on myself. If I get embarrassed as well, I wonder what would happen to us. Umi’s a shy girl. I should take the lead with this kind of stuff. We’ve only recently become a couple. Nothing much has happened since that day. It didn’t feel like our relationship changed that much as well. We do text more. That said, with this, I’m going to take the next step. Hopefully, we get to hold hands.


I cough to clear my throat.


“Yes. I’m asking you out.” I state more clearly, staring at her. “What do you say?”


She looks anxious. She fidgets from her position, playing with her fingers and looks anywhere but me. It actually looks adorable. She looks trapped. I want to hug her to keep her calm but I think it’d be best if she decides this by herself. Plus, we haven’t even held hands yet. I doubt I’ll be able to hug her and get away with it. She’d probably hit me with a wooden sword.


‘Wait… That might be worth it.’


“uhmm… errr…. I have to do something!” She quickly says as she runs home, turning her back to me.

Baffled. I can only manage to watch her run away.


“Huh? Wait what? Did I just get rejected!?” I exclaim as I put a hand on my forehead.


What should I do?


Was I too optimistic that she’d go on a date with me? Maybe.


Would she even listen to me if I go to their front door right now? I doubt it.


What if it’s her father that opens the door? Yup. I’m done if that happens.


As I question myself, my phone suddenly rings.


“huh? She’s calling me?” I mutter as I see the caller’s name.


I get ready to say sorry and press answer.


“Okay.“ I hear on the other end.


Her shy voice. Soft and weak yet it doesn’t falter.


“Let’s go on a date.”


I hear these words and forget what I am about to say. A simple declaration that she will go on a date with me. A little taken aback. I wasn’t able to respond fast as she drops the call.


I try calling her back but she isn’t picking up. She really is shy. Her voice didn’t falter, yeah but I was able to pick up the embarrassment in her voice. I give up and decide to just text her the details.


As the sky starts to sink on the horizon, I start heading towards home, feeling a little nervous and excited for our upcoming date.

© 2016 Moper


Author's Note

Moper
Any comments would be appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it. It's really cute and well written.

Posted 7 Years Ago


wonderful imagery and detail in this. found it laid out really well...

Posted 7 Years Ago


Moper

7 Years Ago

Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 3, 2016
Last Updated on October 3, 2016
Tags: romance, fanfic, animeheroine, ocmc

Author

Moper
Moper

Philippines



About
Just trying my best to write decent short stories... May suddenly just go on hiatus. Life tends to be busy. Can be depressing... more..

Writing
Grandiose Grandiose

A Story by Moper


Dearest Dearest

A Story by Moper