Run P1.

Run P1.

A Story by palomiabird
"

this is my first draft for the opening of one of my characters stories. what do you think?

"

Chapter one, no questions asked.

 

Have you ever waited for everything to stop? Because sometimes life is so unrealistically cruel, that your sure that any time now your going to wake up from a nightmare and thats all it was... a nightmare. Recently everything is vivid, and I wish it wasn’t. I was reborn into a world were losing a sense is a gift and death is a ticket to freedom. I suppose I ought to start at the beginning.

I am woken up to the sound of a girl shouting to me in a language I do not understand, I can feel her shaking me violently and trying to pull me up. I look around, and as my eyes adjust and the black spots on my eyeball disappear, I can see that Im in a bare concrete room with no windows. I am in a metal bed covered by and itchy blue blanket. Attached to my arm are two tubes. They are connected to bags, one with drip, and one with scarlet red blood. Next to the bags is a machine, which I guess, is a synthetic lung replica. The room vaguely represented a hospital room. There are two doors on either side of me. Left and right.

The girl is now panting and staring at a door on the right side of my bed. She looks Indian and is very dirty, with black under her nails, knotted black greasy hair down to her shoulders. I guess shes about 13. She raises her hands to the air and chants something. Then very suddenly she rips the tubes from my arm. I flinch. She takes my hand and looks at me; Her look is strong and meaningfully. Then from the door to my right I hear men shouting, a language I still don’t understand but not the same as the one of the girl. The girl pulls me up and drags me out of the bed. Shes pulling me out the door to our left. We are now in an equally bare hallway. It is very long with about 50 doors either side of it, and two large doors at the end. The girl pushes one of her hands under my armpit and the other hand around my waist. We stumble towards the two doors at the end of the room. I feel dizzy. The floors slipping beneath my feet and the walls are rolling in front of my eyes. Its not just the room thats spinning, my tummys doing backflips, and along with the adrenaline being pumped through my aching muscles, by my beating heat, I feel like Im about to be sick. The girl is dragging me along even though all I want to do is sleep. I fall to the floor and vomit. As I choke and cough, the girl is pulling me along the floor, my hands clawing to keep myself going. Panic is all over her face.

We finally get to the end of the corridor. The girl slams herself against the door but its locked shut. She steps away from the door, and jumps into the air slamming her whole body against the door, but it barley moves, her body is flung backwards. She looks in complete despair. I try desperately to think what to do, the girl starts crossing herself, and muttering farther son holy spirit, since I have no other idea I do the same. Just as I touch my breast, I feel something cold and metal through my pocket. WAIT I have a pocket. I throw my hand into my pocket I pull out a small envelope, and a key. We both stare at it. Suddenly our eyes are averted to the much louder noise of men slamming in the room we were in, on the far end of the corridor. The girl holds the key and together we slam the key in the lock of the door and twist it. The door swings open and we burst into a new room. Just as the doors swing shut I grab a glimpse of men in army suits, witch giant guns, push through the door, at the end of the corridor. 

The new room is a deep, steep staircase in a square shape, each flight only 7 stairs deep. I hear a loud sharp noise, and the second it rings through my body I realize its a gunshot. This makes me understand the severity of this situation, so when the girl starts flinging herself down the stair case, practically jumping the entire flight, I do not hesitate to follow. At the bottom of the stairs is another bare long hallway with great long doors to my left. These too are locked, but this time I do not hesitate to use my key. For a second I think it doesn’t fit, but with a heave the rust is broken, and the key turns. We push the door open. once we are on the other side, the girl grabs my key, and locks the door shut. 

 

Outside my eyes are hit with the... well, horrific scene. I imagine there was once a city here, but now as far as the eye can see are piles of rubble reaching 10s of feet into the sky, dark shadows menace everywhere, and skeletons of buildings stand half-heartedly. The dilapidated grey cityscape is undoubtedly the results of one heck, of a gruesome war. I stand on a black road, alone, and a feeling of fear and insignificance creeps up my spin. Although I feel completely disorientated, I allow my eyes to slowly move from the disgusting scene, to the girl who is running across the road to a car, were a dead man hangs out of the drivers seat. He has a gun shot wound to his chest,

 

I feel like vomiting, as I watch the girl drag his cold body out of the car. Her body is drenched in blood, and her face is stained read. She pulls her sleeve down her arm and wipes her face, and licks the blood from around her mouth.  She stares at me, momentarily lost in emotions, then she stares at the body laying on the ground. She sits on top of his body, and digs through his pockets. She pulls out some keys, and gets in the car. She flicks her head, indicating for me to get in the car, and I realize that, I if I get in I’m trapped. If I stay my future is unknown, however it seems likely that ill end up the same as the corpse on the ground. I want to run. Run home. Run somewhere safe, warm, somewhere blood is a thing of imaginations.

 

Then I hear the men, and I decide to follow my instincts, so I run in to the car were I realize; here is an untouched hospital with blank posters, two girls, and some men’s voices. In eye of a storm.

 

The slow purr of the car under my body gives me a vague emotion of security, and in a sick way the landscape resembles something somewhat picturesque. I gaze out the window, tears rolling down my cheeks, wondering who I am, and the realization that I don’t know who I am. But I don’t mind. I let myself ooze to sleep as the hot says of sunset meet my soft skin.

 

I wake up, and suddenly remember the envelope I found in pocket. I dive my hand into my pocket and pull it out. I look at it for a moment appreciating its undeniable importance. I feel like I’m holding fairy dust. I slowly open it and pull out the piece of paper for inside it. As I unfold the paper something falls out of it on to the ground, and as I try to find it on the ground I begin to panic, until I find it and hold it to my cheats. I unclench my fist and look at it; a necklace- a red ruby on a white ribbon. The I open the letter and read it:


Dear my darling sister Delilah.

 

They said you wouldn’t remember me, which is bullshit, because how could anyone forget me? What am I suppose to say in this stupid letter? You shouldn’t have to go through what’s about to happen to you. You didn’t want to do what you did; it was in your blood. Well now it’s in your blood to save everyone, so I’m going to have to let you. I have things I can’t tell you on paper, as there’s a possibility they will find this. Whatever you do don’t let anyone near you, you can trust almost no one, because everyone needs you.

 

Try to find me, I don’t know how but ill find some way for you to get hold of me. I don’t know were you’ll be right now when you read this letter, but if your not next to me run as quick as you can away from were you are. If I was you id go to your nearest sector, there a government opposing safety camp. There a corrupt society, but they’ll be easy to penetrate, and dig you way in. Get what you need from there wile playing stupid. Don’t let them near your blood, don’t drink their water, and don’t eat their food. Then get away. I’d say stay clear of them all together but they’d give you a decent amount of fairly true information.

 

Ok next up; get your a*s to ‘Sydney’. I have no idea were or what that is, but I know it were everything’s happening. The ‘last villages’ are suppose to contain something were not suppose to find. I know were special you see because some of the nuns are so afraid of us, and they try so hard to contain us. I don’t understand, because I’m only 9, and your only 3. I once heard that if were together our power will be unleashed. Sounds cool eh? (And I hope the nuns don’t find this, cause I’m dead if they do. Iv literally just risked my life for a paragraph)

 

There’s a whole pile of stuff that I can’t write, and a mountain of stuff I don’t know, but we can find it out. I feel guilty because I was supposed to look after you. They didn’t look after you, and god a tried but there taking you away from me. If anything happens to you, or me I need you to know how much I love you. I love your so much when I have to spend an hour not knowing were you are I feel like screaming. I love you more than I love myself, I love you. Pleas don’t ever ever EVER forget how much I love you.

 

Lovingly written, with so much hope put in every letter - Violet.

 

I take the letter, hold it closely to my chest and take a breath of air. I’m Delilah. I gasp. I’m Delilah, and Iv got you.. I smile happily, as I sweep away a tear thats fallen from my swollen eyes. I feel as if the world has just found its way on my feet, and the sky’s have stopped spinning. I suddenly realize, that the girl is looking at me.

Delilah? she says pointing at me. I nod, tears now welling out if my eyes.

Yes She points at herself.

Ruby

Nice to meet you ruby She smiles slightly, and then turns her face back to the road ahead. She yawns loudly, and I realize the big black circles under her eyes. I look at the evening sky and wonder how long iv been sleeping before id read the letter, and then I wonder when the last time she slept is. Id drive but I wouldn’t know how to talk to her, and Im too tired to find a way. I look over the letter, fold it up and push it down my top. I then allow my eyes to fall closed again.

 

I realize how dark it is, as my eyes open. The following thing I notice is that the car was no longer moving. I look at ruby, and she gestures for me to get out of the car. As my feet touch the gravel outside I become a dove, free from its cage. I walk around the car, towards ruby. She’s tying her hair up, pushing the loose strands of hair away from her eyes. She pulls out of her pocket a strange machine. She straps one part around her upper arm, as she attaches the rest of the machine around her writs her tong pushes against her upper lip. She’s finished putting it on and her fist coils around a bar, I’m pretty sure its some kind of weapon, but I’m not sure how it works.  I walk up to the girl, and she grabs my hand and walks towards a blown up building. She puts her back against the wall outside, surveys the area were standing in and then twists her body around the wall into the collapsed building.

 

Dust swims around the square room. The room is dark, and it’s impossible to see anything, until ruby pushes her arm, and a dark, reddish, light shines from above her fist. She moves her hand around her, slowly revealing the room. She then leads me across the room, towards a door, which we enter. Through the room, is a bedroom, but the celling has been smashed and has collapsed into the room. Despite this I can still see a box on the other side of the room, behind a wooden dresser. Ruby run over to it grabs it, and runs out the room, pulling me behind her. She runs out the door, through the entrance and back into the car. She sits in the drivers seat and rubs her tiered eyes.  

 

© 2013 palomiabird


Author's Note

palomiabird
ignore any typos, grammer, or spelling. (i know its awfull, but its just a first draft) tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Then what after get that envelope what happened...????
it's a quite scarry story, hey, is that came from your real life or from your nightmare...?
it was really quite confusin', but forget it...as you mentioned it's your first one write, so, i wanna that's pretty nice write...but you give me your story's summary, then i think i could b solve my query's, or confusion about the story....i got alot of questions to ask, but i won't ask, couse, this's your first writin', but, if you give me it's summary, i'd be better to understan' your story clearly...
nice write...

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

palomiabird

11 Years Ago

Thanks for the feedback, im glad it was scary! i want it to be very emotional. Well basically this i.. read more



Reviews

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CONTINUE THIS OMG. I almost cried when I saw that you never continued this :( PLEASE! This is amazing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


palomiabird

10 Years Ago

Awww thanks this means a lot, my computer is broken at the moment but I promise I'll addthe next cha.. read more
Littlethings

10 Years Ago

I love everything about it! The confusion and detail about everything's that's going on! I just want.. read more
This is a very scary story. I'm not sure if I can keep reading because I may not be able to sleep tonight.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

palomiabird

11 Years Ago

Haha this is not even the scary bit! but thanks for the review :)
i liked the way u gone through this and it is something as a pure outflow of feelings....

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

palomiabird

11 Years Ago

Thanks for the feedback, to me a book flowing is important so im glad i achieved that!
junaid altaf

11 Years Ago

welcome
Then what after get that envelope what happened...????
it's a quite scarry story, hey, is that came from your real life or from your nightmare...?
it was really quite confusin', but forget it...as you mentioned it's your first one write, so, i wanna that's pretty nice write...but you give me your story's summary, then i think i could b solve my query's, or confusion about the story....i got alot of questions to ask, but i won't ask, couse, this's your first writin', but, if you give me it's summary, i'd be better to understan' your story clearly...
nice write...

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

palomiabird

11 Years Ago

Thanks for the feedback, im glad it was scary! i want it to be very emotional. Well basically this i.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2013
Last Updated on April 7, 2013
Previous Versions

Author

palomiabird
palomiabird

London, United Kingdom



About
I dont know if anyone can relate to this, but im one of those writers (possibly the only writer!) who comes up with crazy ideas, and then starts to write them down, gets bored and come up with another.. more..

Writing