The Fateful Awakening

The Fateful Awakening

A Story by Alexis L. Thompson

        Carrie woke up to the sound of the fire alarms buzzing all around the house. She could smell smoke coming from the hall. She jumped out of bed, still in a sleepy fog, to see what was going on.
        In the hall there was a cloud of smoke touching the ceiling. Carrie saw a light flickering from the bathroom. As she got closer, she heard a crackling that was getting louder and louder.
        When she reached the bathroom she found a small for starting in the bathtub. It was quickly snaking up the walls. "Help!", she screamed. "Fire!" Her parents quickly rushed to her and gasped at the fire. They all ran downstairs. "Go outside you two.", her father said. He grabbed the fire extinguisher as Carrie and her mother went outside.
        Up stairs, Carrie's dad went to put out the fire. By the time he got to it, the fire had gotten too big. He  had to leave.
        As he ran out of the house, the fire followed him slowly to the living room. the house would never be saved now. Carrie's mom already called the fire department. They got there as soon as they could.
       While Carrie watched the house go up in flames and the fire hoses drown the place she called home, she cried. she didn't understand why this was happening to her.
       When the fire was put out, the firemen let the police do their jobs. Carrie told them the fire started in the bathroom. The policemen searched the house. Nothing seemed to have caused the fire. Then they checked the upstairs bathroom. in there they saw something shimmering in the tub. It was what looked like the remains of a straightener.
        The police brought it to Carrie and her parents. "Was this, by chance, plugged in?", asked one of the officers. now that Carrie could recall, it was plugged in and she forgot to turn it off. She nodded at the cop and cried. the fire was all her fault.
        All of the sudden, the ground started shaking. It shook so hard, the earth's crust began to break. Carrie was right in the midst of the crack and had no choice but to fall in. "Carrie!", her parents screamed. Carrie screamed at the top of her lungs. she fell for what seemed like hours until finally she fell onto hot ground.
       "Carrie, You have destroyed you and your family's lives", a voice said. Carrie was scared. "Who... who are you?", she asked. the voice whispered, "I'm the Devil and you're mine forever, Carrie." Carrie screamed.
        Carrie screamed all the way back to her bed. She woke up and jumped out of bed. She ran to the bathroom. Her straightener was in the tub plugged in and on. she turned it off and sighed. "It was only a dream." Carrie smiled.

© 2012 Alexis L. Thompson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nicely ordered sequence, building to the only possible disaster free end. I like this because I have consistent and ample manipulation opportunities within my dreams. My "The Awakening" has not ended, but offers no definitive end, yet. Yours was a fun read.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
1 Review
Added on March 10, 2012
Last Updated on March 10, 2012

Author

Alexis L. Thompson
Alexis L. Thompson

Waterloo, NY



About
Shoot. I'm 28 now! I haven't updated this in 6 whole years! more..

Writing