Imperfect

Imperfect

A Story by Alexis L. Thompson

           "How do you get a B in English!?", Adam's mother screamed. "It's so easy", his father chimed in. Adam stood there, tears welling up in her eyes.
            Adam was like any other teenage boy. He liked to hang out with friends and play video games. He was a sharp kid. Almost Valedictorian. His grades were important to him but not nearly as important as they were to his parents.
           "Do you want to get into a decent college?", his mother asked. "Because community college is no option for Adam Williams."
           "I'm sorry.", Adam said. "I'll do better. I promise." His mother shook her head and left the room. "You have to do better than B's, Buddy.", his dad said.
           Adam went to his room and shut the door. He laid on his bed and looked up at the ceiling. Why did he have to be so perfect? Why couldn't he be an average kid.
           Adam pulled a little box from under his bed. In the box he had a little green nugget and a pipe. He put the nugget in the pipe, lit it, and inhaled the smoke. Marijuana seemed to be a good escape for him. He loved it. With it he didn't care. He felt carefree.
          Adam's parents never knew about him using marijuana. He would be around them high and they wouldn't notice.
          He had smoked the rest of what he had just now and needed more. He texted his friend telling him he wanted a dub. Twenty dollars worth of marijuana. He got up and went into the living room to tell his parents he was going out.
          They nodded him off and out the door he went. A couple of blocks away he walked to the friend he was buying from. The guy let him in.
          "What's up, Adam? Here's the twenty you asked for." Adam thanked him and stayed a while to smoke with him.
           When Adam went back home, he was happy. He felt amazing. That night he ate dinner in his room and smoked the rest of his weed. His parents didn't mind him eating in the bedroom. They thought he was just mad at them.

           A few months went by and Adam grew more edgy. He was on to bigger and badder things. Heroin.

         He came across it when he had a really bad day with his parents. His mother practically beat him for his grades. All B's. He got out of the house and left for his buddy's house who sold the marijuana. While over there, his friend got out a syringe filled with a yellowish liquid, and shot it up into his veins. Adam looked horrified but his friend insisted. So he tried it. He felt amazing and he loved it. Ever since, Adam stole money from his parents to get his heroin.

         Today he bought a decent amount. He went home into his room and sat there for a minute. "Adam, come out!", his mother shouted. "We need to talk about these terrible grades." Adam rolled his eyes. "Be right out in a minute!" Then, Adam tied off his arm and got the needle ready. In it went, under his skin. Not enough. He readied another needle. There's the trick. "Adam, now!", his mom yelled.
         Adam was pissed. Not even the heroin made him feel good. Adam looked up at his light. Then at his desk chair. He put the chair under the light fixture and cried. As he was crying, he went to the window and grabbed the curtain rope. He toed one end to the light and the other end to his neck and stood on the chair. Just as his mother busted through the door, he kicked the chair out from under his feet. She screamed. That was the last thing that Adam heard. Then all went dark.


       


© 2012 Alexis L. Thompson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on March 19, 2012
Last Updated on March 19, 2012

Author

Alexis L. Thompson
Alexis L. Thompson

Waterloo, NY



About
Shoot. I'm 28 now! I haven't updated this in 6 whole years! more..

Writing