I've forgot how to write. Is this what you call a writter block?

I've forgot how to write. Is this what you call a writter block?

A Poem by paola

I used to write about every feeling I had, even if it was happiness, madness, sadness or just emptiness. I wrote because it made me feel proud, unique and drained. It left me exhausted to the point of leaving me with a naked heart, defenseless and vulnerable but at the same time so strong, empowered of my own thoughts, those were the times that I knew where I was.

But lately I’ve become afraid, it’s been so long since I bare myself to me, that I forgot how to talk to me, do I listen? Do I understand? Do I care?

The truth is I’ve lost it; it’s easier to distract myself than face anything. Go and read any petty love stories that make me feel at least a tiny little spark of something, cause to be honest everyday emptiness it’s become unbearable.

I wont lie and say that I spend my days with a straight and lonely look or “hiding my demons” with a bubbly character, I really try to enjoy everyday, live the moment and I do, but after I know how it feels to create, and lose myself to the oblivion of words, the night it’s fill with regrets and questions and several pondering requests hit me, for my hands to move, my eyes to cry and my heart to expose but there’s something that says forget it and go to sleep don’t do it. I don’t know since when that thought cross my mind or why but it’s been to long already that I lost myself in this.

I need this; it’s how my thoughts breath, my imagination beats and my feelings exist. Do I need to say more? This is what lets me live.

© 2014 paola


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on November 16, 2014
Last Updated on November 16, 2014