Common Health Risks Associated with Obesity

Common Health Risks Associated with Obesity

A Poem by Manipal
"

Overweight and Class I Obesity can usually be treated with diet modification, exercise, and behavioral changes and does not require surgery. Class II and III obesity require bariatric surgery.

"

Weight gain or loss fluctuations are normal throughout life. When these fluctuations are drastic, they can be a cause for concern. Weight gain and obesity differ from person to person depending on their age, height, and medical issues. For example, if you are pregnant, you are required to gain weight. It becomes an issue when weight gain is too much. Are you worried that you are putting on too many kilos and have no reliable knowledge on how to lose weight? And how do you know if you’re doing everything to prevent obesity in children?

How Do You Know if You Have Obesity with or without associated ailments?

Body Mass Index (BMI) is a tool to measure the extent of obesity, where weight and height are used in a formula. 

(Weight/height in meters squared) like Kg/m2

Classification of Obesity

  • Overweight (pre-obese) if BMI is between 25-29.9
  • Class I Obesity if BMI is between 30-34.9
  • Class II Obesity if BMI is between 35�"39.9
  • Class III Obesity if BMI is =/>40

Overweight and Class I Obesity can usually be treated with diet modification, exercise, and behavioral changes and does not require surgery. Class II and III obesity require bariatric surgery.

Health Risk of Morbid Obesity

The risk of early death is doubled compared to non-obese individuals. The risk of death from diabetes or heart attack is five to seven times greater. The social, psychological, and economic effects of morbid obesity, however unfair are real and can be especially devastating. Consult with the Bariatric Surgeon in Hebbal, Bangalore if you are experiencing the symptoms of Obesity.

Common Health Risks Associated with Obesity

  • Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
  • Sleep apnoea
  • Hypertension
  • Hypercholesterolemia
  • Increased risk of heart attacks
  • Increased severity of symptoms of asthma
  • Gastroesophageal reflux disease
  • Stress incontinence
  • Low back ache and joint pains
  • Polycystic disease of the ovary
  • Decreased fertility

How to Beat Obesity

Obesity can be treated. It requires multi-disciplinary assessment by an endocrinologist, psychiatrist, cardiologist, bariatric surgeon, dietician and others depending on the associated conditions. 

Department of Bariatric Surgery

Manipal Hospitals, Hebbal, Bangalore

© 2022 Manipal


Author's Note

Manipal
Overweight and Class I Obesity can usually be treated with diet modification, exercise, and behavioral changes and does not require surgery. Class II and III obesity require bariatric surgery.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have to be a special kind of stupid to spam an international site for a hospital in a small area of India.

And of course the hospital that pays him to crap here has no concept of ethical behavior. Damned if I'd trust my life, or those I love, to them.

Spread the word: Avoid them.

Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 22, 2022
Last Updated on August 22, 2022
Tags: best hospital in hebbal, bangalore

Author

Manipal
Manipal

Delhi, National Capital Territory of De, India



About
health care expert more..

Writing