101

101

A Poem by paparapapa
"

This is like a sequel to my poem "100 Days With You." So please read that first before reading this. Thank you. :)

"

101

 

A hundred and one days,

Finally, I’m out of your maze.

But as my grays looked up so high,

Glistening, a tear’s stuck on my eye.

 

For hundred days, you made me feel,

That you, my dream, can be so real.

Between us, hardly a word was spoken,

But your eyes defied everything, heart was awoken.

 

But with just a snap of the world’s finger,

Forbid my feelings for you to linger.

Yes, you had a change of heart,

Your world, sadly, I wasn’t a part.

 

Now I ask you, did you have fun?

Toying my heart like a child’s water gun.

If yes, then answer this one little thing,

Can you say that a bit of happiness I did bring?

 

Well, for you, maybe it wasn’t intentional,

To make me feel as if I was someone special.

Your hands veiled my already poor eyesight,

Because now I know I’ve never been Ms. Right.

 

For hundred days, it had only been her,

The one who made your everything blur.

Tell me, oh tell me, can you still be mine?

I know I’m no her, but lie to me that it’s fine.

 

A hundred and one has come and gone by.

If this the end of nonexistent you and I,

Then make it easy, make me hate you so,

Teach me, my love, the art of letting go.

© 2011 paparapapa


Author's Note

paparapapa
It would have been so much better if you just said it straight...

The feel of this poem is totally different from the first one. So I'm sorry if you thought that this would have a happy feeling to it like that of "100 Days With You." Please do comment though. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Both this piece and the previous speak of life, love and the roller coaster that exists with our journey's dynamic existence on this Earth. I don't think you could have set up either one any better or any different, for they capture time, your emotions, joys and frustrations and allow them to run across the silver screen of our minds.
The only suggestion I could make would be about the second line in the last stanza of this piece... It thought it might sound a bit better as, "If this is the end..." IDK.. just my opinion.
Over all both of the pieces were well crafted and clearly carried your tale to your readers.

Really good life Ink!
Aaron

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I can really relate to this.
and i enjoyed this piece
You can feel the emotions really flowing through this.
I read your profile and It seems to me that even though you just started writing
your are very talented.
Great Job on this
~Amai

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

101 is so different from 100 days with you that I love it!!! It's filled with so much emotion and amazing ness...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

When the pain begin. A new count down begins. I like the way you made the point in the poem. Age teaches us time is the healer. Love is a test of many lessons. In the end we are thankful for real love when they show up. Thank you for the outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved this poem. I have not read "100 Days With You," but I think that I will. I love the ending. You captured the emotion perfectly.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice :-)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is really cool. I love how you can write a series of poems and have both the poems both be amazing. This piece is beautiful but still sad. This was well written and the last stanza was the best (in my opinion). I say that because it was... heart wrenching.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That last line was really heartfelt, I always believed that if you love something, let it go and see if it comes back. This was full of wonderful lines and heartfelt feelings. Great job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KT
Beautiful and sad at the same time. Just like with "100 Days With You", the flow is great and it has wonderful emotion that gives the reader a different feeling than the ones they might have when they read said earlier poem. I think that to write any number of poems that are in a series and have them feel different from one another is a true show of wonderful writing. Outstanding job and keep up the good work! :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was really well-inked. The last stanza especially was very heart-wrenching.
I know exactly what you feel, and if I read nothing but the last stanza I would get the entire message. Absolutely loved it.

Sometimes when you love someone, and you finally realize they don't love you and they never will, you just wish you could stop loving them. Only you can't. And that, my friend, is the hard part.

Astounding work of art.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this. I feel the pain, and I relate to it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1113 Views
41 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 8 Libraries
Added on November 29, 2011
Last Updated on November 30, 2011
Tags: 100 Days With You, Love, Heart, Broken, Sad, Emotion

Author

paparapapa
paparapapa

Dreamland



About
If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth the writing. - Benjamin Franklin more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..