The Train L1VE

The Train L1VE

A Story by paras
"

there's a great difference in running away and moving forward

"

On a rainy day, with sky shedding its tears down and clouds screaming with thunders and lightning, the bolt of lightning like sharp whips , there was a man all by himself running to take shelter and rushed into a railway station and sighed on sitting on a bench , his name was Ryan . Ryan, a guy considered a failed son , a failed brother ,a failed husband and even a failed father. His eyes narrowed with grief looking down to his feet. He opened his palms and started gazing them and said ''oh god tell me what's the fault in my stars?''.Then he sighs again with closing his eyes. Suddenly a hand came from back on his shoulder and with so grieve he said "yes, am ready to go.'' , a girl came forward a giggle came from his mouth and he said '' i didn't knew that death was double faced too. '' The girl a middle aged hippie girl with a smile as wide as her cheeks asked him '' i just wanted to ask if you know when the train L1VE going to arrive? '' . Ryan hesitant to speak , didn't knew what to speak , when all of a sudden a train's horn surrounded them followed by a beam of light and Ryan said , '' i hope that's the last train so probably its what you're waiting for . '' , thanking him the girl as on the door asked if he wanted to join, but Ryan said he didn't knew where the train goes and surprisingly the girl said he didn't knew well but she has heard the trains good it's L1VE or as i say "LIVE", Ryan having nowhere to go stood quiet for a minute .The clock struck midnight and the train started with her still asking him to com and she let her hand our and Ryan rushed and grabbed and finally got on the train.Walking through the doors and finding a comfy seat they both sat down and started talking , she told she loved to travel and goes wherever her life takes her and Ryan just spoke about how weak he is and he's incapable and looked at the girl and she was like sitting idle with a poker face and she screamed "wake up" don't be a grumpy old gram'pa and turned on music and started dancing hopping on seats and turning around poles asking Ryan to join her and on him resisting she said its okay nobody will see him if he's so shy. Pumped up with this Ryan joined and both danced like animals. Exhausted later both sat down and drinking water from bottle and when then bottle cap fell down Ryan reached his hand down and picked up something like a locket.

He opened the locket and there was maktub and the girl said its means " it s written " or as "kismat" in indian or simple "destiny" and now your destiny is your hands. they talked for like hours about the night time only few minutes left for dawn.

Right she said that the he should trust his heart and other than running away from his life he should rather move forward. And now she told he should trust her and now after he leaves he shouldn't turn back just move forward and out of the gate.

To say him farewell she came at the train's door and Ryan said " am sorry i didn't catch your name" , she laughed and said she goes by the name " Hope" , he left and moved forward and out of the door the sun came up with its light shining upon him blurring him a little and when he could see clearly he saw his dad holding his baby son and he rushed to them and hugged them both.

Now Ryan looked back and said with the thanking smile from his heart " oh i miss the touch of the vanished hand."

© 2014 paras


Author's Note

paras
all reviews and points i'd love to hear :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

"i miss the touch of the vanished hand."
A wonderful message wrapped into a stylish story...Pen on...:)..................


Posted 9 Years Ago


The message of the story is good but the plot is quite imperfect. You may write it as an essay but it has to have a little more detail to be called a story. Still, its a good attempt on your side

Posted 10 Years Ago


paras

9 Years Ago

thanks i'll surely try to do better its just a first piece and start :)
Beautiful last and first line! LOVE IT!

Posted 10 Years Ago


paras

9 Years Ago

thank you :D :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

260 Views
3 Reviews
Added on March 17, 2014
Last Updated on March 17, 2014

Author

paras
paras

jalandhar, punjab, India



About
a school going teenager who loves to write coz nothing expresses more than words. i joined writer's cafe to let my work flourish and get better. more..

Writing
lionheart lionheart

A Poem by paras


Cage of glass Cage of glass

A Poem by paras