Hitchhikers guide to freedom

Hitchhikers guide to freedom

A Story by Parkeravenue2u
"

Short story about a (you guessed it) hitchhiker

"

I was driving home and slowed down when as I approached a hitchhiker on the side of the road to see if I recognized him. I was listening to music and felt like taking the long way home. I did recognize him as someone I knew and passed often while in a hurry to meet appointments, so I was pleased to pull over and offer a ride. He jumped in and immediately started talking, and talking, and talking. I gave in and turned my radio down finally. He lowered his voice in response. As I drove the extra twenty-two miles out of the way I noticed no other traffic on the road except for two vehicle’s passed in the opposite direction.
As we approached his road I mentioned that it would be a terrible night to be hitchhiking due to the lack of traffic. He said, "well, I think it is a perfect night to be hitchhiking!" Then he smiled and said, "you picked me up and gave me a ride all the way home." Then added, "it only takes one ride, one person to pull over. It only takes one person to make the difference."

© 2008 Parkeravenue2u


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow this is a good one just takin a little time out to do something for someone makes a huge difference eh
well welcome to writerscafe i look forward to seeing more of you work

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 24, 2008