Octavia: Meeting the accidental Angel

Octavia: Meeting the accidental Angel

A Story by We are young.
"

This is just a chapter of my story.

"

checked and everything."

 

 

 

Octavia, chapter 1. Finally out.

 

I got out the suitcase. Grabbing everything in sight to stuff into it; I was going to leave from this place. I hated it, and I had hated it for seven years. I was finally able to get out of here. I had been for a while now, but I just had the perfect day to go now. I shoved the last article of clothing into the bag, and unlocked the mini safe that was in my room. I jerked on the handle of the safe, and it popped open. Grabbing the money from my dad's will out of it. I was now eighteen, a legal adult. I was allowed to have half the will money, and the house he had left me in West Port Washington. I lived in Charleston South Carolina. Now I would have to get on a plane. I had already ordered my ticket.

I wrote a short goodbye to my mom, not like she would find it or care, but I was leaving with a good bye. For the horrible seven years she forced upon me. I dragged my suitcase to the bus stop, and waited on the bench next to the stop sign. Constantly thinking about what would happen when I got to West port. The buses tires screeching against the pavement interrupted my thoughts. I got on noticing not many people were on it. I claimed a seat in the front of the bus, waitong patiently before it could stop. I looked out the window and watched the scenery of blackness fly by the window. I was extremely tired so I laid my head against the seat in front of me. Feeling like freedom was only a few hours away.

I heard the bus screech to a halt, and  picked my head up from the seat, attempting to wake myself up in the process, I walked off the bus. I was at the airport. Making sure to grab all of my stuff, I walked slowly to the door, opening it with exhaustion, and saw some people scrambling around quickly. Grabbing luggage, and running in a different direction. I sighed, and threw my stuff on the ground. I sat there a while, just watching happy families go by me. The bored announcer came on the speaker. Saying it was time to board my flight. I grabbed all of my stuff, and headed toward the plane. I checked my stuff off in baggage claim, so it could be loaded into the plane. I went through the medal detector, and they checked me in. My heart bounced at the thought of being free. 

There were some people on the plane. Iwas not sure many people would be on the way to the same place as I was from all the way in Charleston. I sat in a secluded corner by the window, tracing my fingers against the fog on the window. I felt the chill run across my fingers. It was a good feeling. A family sat across from me. A boy had to sit by me, so he could be near his family. I looked away, and out the window. I was thinking about these last few years, how horrible they had been. I don't even see how I survived them, but I did.

The plane started to jerk, and my eyesclosed. I wasn't used to planes. I didn't mind them. I wasn't scared of them, but I just got these weird feelings on them. Opening my eyes I saw we were way up in the sky. Good I had missed the bad part. I rubbed my sore eyes from the non- sleeping life style. My head was throbbing. Lauren would have liked this. She loved planes. Lauren was my sister. Her, and my dad were supposedly killed in a fire, but I remember something different. I remember walking with Lauren outside. I remember someone grabbing me, holding me back, and lots of screaming. I had thrashed against the person holding me captive, knowing that if she died, I would never forgive myself. When I was able to look blood smothered the ground, and the bodies of my father, and Lauren were limp on the ground. I remember turning around, and seeing neon blue eyes. Warm arms were around me. Then it was all blank, and I was in the hospital. They had told me I was in a fire, my arms were burned. They said that Lauren and my dad were not as lucky as I was, and didn't manage to survive. I knew this had to be a lie, because I had remembered some of what had happened. They were murdered.

After that my mom went practically crazy. I couldn't blame her, I had almost lost it through the many years. I can't express how glad I was to leave. My mom was never really there anymore. She was usually off somewhere doing drugs, or out partying. I opened my eyes, and saw the family talking. It was at this time I had come to notice that the boy that was sitting nearest to me. Was different then the others. He looked a lot different. The whole family had dirty blond hair, and most of them hazel eyes. There was a man, and a woman. A set of twins it looked like. Then there was this boy. He had the bluest eyes; I had a sudden flash back of the neon blue eyes. I shook it off; he had black hair that was hanging in his face. His eyes looked back at me staring. I looked toward the window trying to ignore them. I didn't want to hear what they were saying. I also didn't want to seem like an ease dropper. I thought maybe the boy was just visiting them or was just friends. That could also make sense. I sat there for a long time playing with my ugly hair. My hair was originally blond, but I had died it black many times over. I didn't want such a light color for such a dark mood. My hair was down to my lower back, and it curled toward the end. I couldn't say my hair was beautiful. The only thing I liked about myself was my eyes. Though they were bloodshot, they still had the most magnificent color I never got bored of looking at them. My eyes were emerald green; I had never seen greener eyes. They had almost lost all of their sparkle, but were still unique.

"What are we going to do now mom?" I heard the black haired boy asked.

Okay so maybe he wasn't just visiting, but why should I care anyway?

The plane began to rock back and fourth. I clenched my teeth together. I made sure to close my eyes. I was hoping this would be over soon. It seemed like it was lasting forever though.

"Are you okay?" I heard a voice asked.

My head shot up, at the sound of the voice, and I opened my eyes.

The boy was looking at me from behind his long hair, his eyes staring at me with question. After I didn't answer he started to speak again

"Because, you know the plane has landed, and you have been there for a while." He said.

I blinked a few times, and gathered my stuff. I got up from my seat, and passed him. "Thank you." I said.

I began walking off the plane, and he caught my arm.

"Where are you headed to?" He asked.

"Umm... I really don't know a place called Westport. To Pacific Northwest beach." I said staring at the piece of paper in my hands. It had all the writing on it. It was my dads, that said that address. Of the house that was left in his will for me.

"We are going the same way, can I bring you to your house?" He asked.

I was very hesitant. I didn't barley trust anyone I knew rather then complete strangers. I decided. I had to take my chances. He looked kind of dangerous, but his family looked toward the normal side. "Sure." I said.

He walked with me inside to the baggage claim. I waited awhile, and grabbed my bright red luggage. I loved the color red.

We walked outside, and he led me to a very pretty car. It was a dark purple Ferrari convertible. I was kind of confused. Who would want a convertible in this sort of weather? He opened the door to the car, and signaled for me to get in the car with him. I got in and sat between him, and one of the twins. I seriously couldn't tell which one.

"So what is your name?" The boy asked me.

I thought for a moment I really did hate my name. Octavia, Felicity, Essence, Crade. It was unique, but I was tired of being "Unique". "My name is Octavia." I finally said.

He looked kind of disappointed for some reason.

"I am Ty." He said.

I liked his name. "Is it short for anything, Tyce, Tyler? I asked.

"Nope just Ty." He said.

I nodded, I bet people asked him that a lot.

"I am Nick." said the twin sitting by me.

"And I am Dylan." The other twin said.

I laughed, and they looked at me. "I'm sorry, but I will never be able to remember that." I admitted.

"No one does so we got these." Dylan said.

They showed me their wrists, little bands were around them. Dylan had a blue one on, and Nick had a green one on. As I looked around they all had one. Ty had a black one.

"By the way I am Freeya." What I assumed to be the mom said.

"I am Flint." said the person I had assumed to be the dad.

Freeya had a pink band around her wrist, flint had a brown one on.

I was happy these people didn't ask me anymore questions. I was a person to keep to myself, and I never really liked to talk. I had come here for three reasons. One because I wanted out, and anywhere was better then with my mom. The second being that I had a house here all to myself, and I didn't have to pay for it. The third reason being I had someone here who actually cared about me. I had my friend Cali. She didn't know I was coming; I was going to go to her house, and tell her. Cali's real name was Calista, but she hated it. So she called me Avia and I called her Cali. The car hummed on for a while. I was getting annoyed by the silence. These people were talking a lot on the plane. Maybe it was me, I had no idea what I had done though.

The car came to a sudden jerk, and I looked up. We were in front of a pile old drift wood.

"Well your house is on the other side of that." Ty advised me.

"Okay, thanks for bringing me here." I said.

I walked toward the wood, and stepped over some pieces of it. I stumbled around it for awhile, before I came to the house. It was magnificent; the house was made of wood, and stood on pillars. It was two stories, but was a small square shape. I dragged my luggage across the sand, and stepped onto the porch. It squeaked under the pressure of my weight. I opened the door, and I was amazed. The inside completely expressed my father. I felt odd. I felt... happy. I smiled, pictures dressed the walls, pictures of Lauren, and I. I ran up the stairs, to explore what was upstairs. I found a bedroom, and another bathroom, they were both unpainted, and kind of plain. I would have to fix this. I wouldn't fix it, like any normal person would. I would paint it black with red skulls that colored the black paint. I would make the skulls look like they dripped blood. Yeah, that was my idea of a dream room. I stepped on the dusty floor toward the old bed. I wouldn't sleep on it anyway so I had no problem with it being old, and covered in dust. The place was beautiful, if you thought about it. Though this thought seemed absurd, it was true. It had a feeling to it. Not an empty feeling like my house in Charleston. I walked to the big window in the bedroom. A spider was hanging from a cob web, it had probably been its home for a couple of years. Seeing as the cob web wrapped around the whole room, and ended at the bed hanging limply at the end. I traveled back downstairs, and out the back door. The ocean smell was repugnant. I hated the smell that it had. That sort of seaweed, and dead crab smell. I also hated the seafood; I couldn't eat anything of it. I plugged my nose, and went back inside to escape the smell. I could handle the smell though; it was my mom I could not handle.

I grabbed the piece of paper that had Cali's number on it. I had just got a new cell phone, so I could call for long periods of time. That would not be needed because she was not so far away anymore. I entered her number into my phone and put her into my contacts. Sense I didn't have any idea of where she could possibly live, I called her instead of going to her house.

"Hey Avia what are you doing?" She asked causally.

"I am at Westport." I said. I heard a high pitched, girly squeal on the other end of the phone. I dropped the phone on the ground it made a clattering sound as it hit the floor. I hurriedly picked it up, and answered it again.

"Sorry Cali, I dropped the phone. Try to lower your octave it is really painful." I mentioned.

"Oh so sorry, I am coming over there by the way. I have to see you it has been way to long."

I smiled I wanted to see her so bad as well. She had to be almost the most important reason I had come here.

"Okay, I live in like the middle of Pacific northwest beach." I told her.

She hung up, and I waited by the porch for her to arrive. The sound of the ocean got louder, and I looked to see it hitting the pillars of the house. I actually liked the sound of the ocean, so living by it would only be bad because of the smell.

I saw something bright pink coming over the top of a log. It was then I noticed it was Cali. I gaped at her. Her hair was hot pink, and she was wearing the tackiest outfit ever. She had neon leggings that were multicolored, and a leopard print dress. I walked beside her, she was smaller then me only by a couple inches. "Cali what did you do to your perfect blond hair?" I asked.

She frowned at me. "What did you do to yours?" she asked.

I guess she was right, we both used to have blond hair; hers was long still as was mine.

"Well your sense of style has changed a lot." I commented.

"I know." She said smiling.

I invited her inside the house, and she sat on the dusty couch that sat in the middle of the main room.

"This place needs to be fixed." She said staring at another spider with disgust.

"I really like it here." I said.

"Yeah it seems like it fits your kind of personality now right?" She asked.

I sighed. "Cali you know what happened, you know how tormented I am. I can't just bounce back." I said.

"I guess I can understand that, but I promise you this will be the best year ever, I will make you change, and you will change." She said.

I shrugged knowing that, that would never work.

"Well are you going to my school?" She asked.

I laughed. "Of course Cali, I want to be with you all the time." I said.

She smiled, and got up to hug me.

"I have missed you Avia, just please get better. I want you to come back to the happy side." She said sadly.

"I will try." I said, knowing I would only pretend to be happy for her.

Cali left when it became nightfall. I sighed, and went to the porch. It looked like there was going to be rain. I looked out toward the ocean, it was so pretty. I just sat there I was in complete bliss, being free like this. I was on my own. I only had this year of school left as a senior, and I would be able to do whatever I wanted with the rest of my life. I was not to sure what there was, but I would have choices, and I liked being able to have choices. When it was quite early around five o'clock I went down to the car dealership. I had to get a car, seeing as I had a lot of money it was going to be a good car too. I walked through the chilling October air. I came across the one that was near to me. I saw the most perfect car ever. I wanted it so bad. I admired it. I wondered why they had this type of car here. It was a Ferrari convertible, in a red tone. I had always wanted a convertible, and this one had to be the best one out of all, especially with the color of it. A woman walked up to me wearing a business suit.

"Would, you like to have that car?" She asked.

I nodded.

"You, can't have it until tomorrow, we haven't marked the price yet, so please come back tomorrow, and get it.”

"Okay." I said.

I guess I could walk to school for the first day. I walked in the direction of the school. I was so glad that there was signs or else I would have lost my way. I saw the school. It was so small; it was painted a light beige color, and had a red picnic table in the front of it. There was a statue of a wildcat baring its teeth.

Rain started to drizzle as I walked across the grass, to the school. That was quite a long walk from my house to Ocosta high school. There was a school closer to my house, but I wanted to be with Cali. It was worth the walk. Cali was so easy to spot, sense she looked liked some sort of candy. Whenever I saw her I always thought of some sort of overly sweet candy.

"Okay, Avia we have everything together except you have P.E when I have science, and you chose choir as your elective."

I frowned. "We have math." I wined.

She laughed, and pulled me into the building. I sat down in a seat toward the back with Cali. I spaced off as the teacher came in. I liked her she didn't make me introduce myself. I didn't need to I had Cali who was practically introducing me to everyone in the senior class. Which wasn't many, but I still had to talk to people, which I would have rather not had to do. Math I believe had to be the longest class I had ever had before. I mean it seemed boring, but that was way to long for just an hour to go by. The next class was journalism. I liked to write. Even if it was school and it was boring. I walked into the room, and saw something that shocked me. Ty was sitting at a table with Nick, and Dylan. They all looked at me the same time. Ty walked up toward me, and smiled.

"I had no idea you were going to this school." He said.

"I had no idea you did the same thing, I am only going here because of my friend Cali. I wanted to go to the same school as her." I mentioned.

He nodded. I sat down on the little couch in the corner. Writing a boring paper on what it was like being the new kid. I really didn't care if I was new I was like this in Charleston as well. Cali came to sit by me.

"What are you doing talking to them?" She asked with disgust.

"Oh, he took me home the other day, after the airport." I said casually

"Ty Nolan, took you home, he is so pessimistic, and cranky. Kind of like you now." She commented.

I ignored that. "He seems perfectly nice to me, I think you just have misunderstood them a lot." I argued.

"Believe what you want." She said. We didn't talk for the rest of the time, and I got up as the bell rang.

shrimp; I wrinkled my face in utter disgust. "Ewe how can you eat that Cali?"

She rolled her eyes at me. "The same way you can eat Spinach" she replied. I guess that made sense, I liked more vegetables and she liked anything but vegetables. We were complete opposites, but I never found that as a bad thing. I ate my salad slowly not wanting to go to the next class without Cali, she entertained me in history by passing notes how would I survive this? The next class was gym, I actually really liked gym, but there were a lot of sports I failed to accomplish. I walked into the large room, like every gym it had a polished floor made of wood, with a wildcat in the middle of it. A little white board hung on the front of the door. It said we were to get dressed, and put on Roller blades. Two thoughts collided in my head at that moment. The first was that I thought this school was awesome; no other school had ever let me have a chance to Roller blade. The second was that this was not going to be fun. I had no idea how to Roller blade. I was going to be brave or an idiot, I hadn't decided yet, and try this out. I got into the girls locker room, and changed into the school colors which were crimson and red. Basically two different shades of red. I examined the Roller blades, they were actually really good ones. They matched the school colors. Red lines circled around them accompanied by black and white lines. On the side of them they said wildcats in big black letters. I was the last out of the locker room, which was not very hard considering there were only seven of us. If they did not have so many confusing buckles it could have been so much better. I slid my way across the floor almost falling, but quickly maintaining my balance. Some kids laughed at me, I scowled at them, and they instantly stopped laughing. I heard a deep humored laugh; I shot my head in the direction of it. Ty was there, he looked amused. I tried to stay in one spot while the teacher rambled on about the rules. What was even worse was that we had to skate outside.


Skating was actually really cool after a while. I was quite graceful so it wasn't hard to find my balance. I was gliding up ahead of everyone else, just enjoying the nice day. I closed my eyes for a pure moment of bliss. That was a really bad idea. I smacked into someone., sending me tumbling, and hitting the sidewalk excruciatingly hard. I opened my eyes to see those two icy blue eyes staring at me. His eyes held apologetic feeling. "Whoa, damn I'm sorry" Ty said. My brain was still processing the whole situation, and I sat there rubbing by head. He offered his hand to me. I took it, his hand was abnormally warm. I swayed to the side, but stayed in one place. "Are you okay?" He asked staring at me apprehensively.

"I'm okay" I said catching the breath I had lost. He made sure I was able to stand straight before he let go of me. I kept my eyes open, and stayed at the back the rest of the time. The sores of my knees made me go slower, they were skinned pretty badly. I walked into the locker room and changed. I hit my knees a few times well getting my jeans on, it seared with pain as the jeans touched the raw burning skin, feeling like rubbing alcohol in an open wound. I winced, but got up to find Cali. I found Cali by her locker. "Have fun?" She asked.

I sighed, "it could have been worse." I commented.

"That's not very optimistic."

"I'm not very optimistic" I admitted.

I walked to my house in confusion. I sat in the grass for a moment, just thinking, mainly about the pile of homework I held in my bag. I looked up in front of me and I was amazed and jealous. Ty had a cool car it was a 2009 Ferrari's California Convertible. That was my dream car. I could have sworn that was the car I had went to the dealership to get; I would have to see if it was still there. All of those good thoughts about them being misunderstood swept out of my mind as quick as the wind blew. They drove off. I decided to start walking sense I had a long while to go.

I plopped on my bed feeling the down comforter sink into my back. This was one of the many attempts to get my self to sleep they never worked. I almost if ever slept at all sense my dad and Lauren died. I had bad dreams, this is childish, but they are so real. It was dreams about how they died so many different theories. I had a dream about there death on repeat never ending, and drilling it into my head to stick there every waking moment I lived. I shivered though it was completely warm inside the house. The house was beautiful there was nothing that had ever had such an appealing appearance to me, but this house was missing so much. It was empty only I had ever lived here, it was horribly lonely here. I never liked being alone much either. I listened to the waves they sounded nice, and it was low tide at the moment, so I went and did homework outside.

Homework never took very long, but math today was actually really difficult. It should be though it was the middle of a lesson, and I had learned nothing about it until today. The smell of fish and seaweed became stronger; I did not think much of it though. Then I felt the icy water touch my foot and I screeched. The water soaked my math homework, this was so not fair. I ran away from the water and made it back to my house. I hung the homework on a clothes line with a clothes-pin by the window, which had the dimming sunlight still shining through it. I sighed and turned on the kitchen light. It made it look a little less lonely in here. My house was always clean with just one person living here; I actually missed a messy house. I sat on the couch flipping through some channels nothing was on, when was something on though? I sat down and examined my knees they had large blotches of dark purple and black spread across the tops of them. They had bruised from the fall. I really hopped we did not have to do the same thing tomorrow, but then again when did you only have one day on a sport on P.E.? It usually lasted two to three days. I groaned three more days in this condition roller-skating, I might have to pretend to be sick one of those days. Or two of them it depends on how I feel tomorrow.

I went to the car dealership, to go and get my car. I walked slowly down the road, I did eventually make it. I saw immediately that the car was gone, and I knew who had taken it now. The same lady walked up to me.

"I'm sorry, we sold it to someone else, they were willing to pay more then double the price." She said.

I shrugged, and sighed. I really wanted that car.

"Its okay is there any other type of convertible in the color red?" I asked.

"We only have one more, and it is a little outdated." She said. She walked me to a car it was a 1990 Buick reatta convertible in a bright red tone.

It didn't cost very much, so I decide I wanted it.

"I will take it." I said. I paid for the car, and signed all the papers for insurance. I drove off to my house, kind of unhappy about what had happened. I would deal with this though.

` The night always seemed to pass sluggishly. I did not want to think about sleeping, it just wasn't worth it anymore. I grabbed a diet coke, and sipped it slowly staring out at the moon. It was a crescent shape, clouds were rolling in. Looks like that would be the end of the nice days. The rain began once again; it looked almost like it would turn into hail. I watched the sun as it began ascending. The sky barley changed color because of the thick black clouds. I got off the kitchen table I had been sitting on, and headed upstairs to get dressed. I put on almost the same thing, but this time the sweatshirt was red. At least I had color on, and I matched my car. I ran outside, and almost screamed. I had forgotten to put the roof up on the convertible. I stared at it for a moment getting soaked by the rain my mouth hanging wide open. I pulled the roof over the car, and threw a tarp over it. I got inside, and pulled out my cell phone, it was red as well. I had Cali on speed dial, and I pressed the button in, and it started ringing. Cali picked up after a few rings. "What happened?" She asked me. It was only me that she would answer the phone with that greeting.

"Can you come and pick me up?" I asked miserably.

"Sure, but why?" Cali asked.

"I forgot to put my roof up on the convertible, and it is soaked" I said.

She laughed. "I'll be right over." She hung up. I sat on the porch, and watched the rain bounce off the tarp over my car. Cali came about half an hour later. Her outfit was even more appalling then yesterday. She was wearing some fake hair pieces that were purple and black, which did not match the pink hair at all. She had a spaghetti strap dress that was pale pink, and it looked like a nightgown with all the lace on it. Her shoes were striped multicolored zebra print, and when she stepped the zebra print would light up different colors. I'm just putting this out here in my opinion, but I'm guessing if your outfit requires fake hair, and batteries I suggest you don't wear it.

"You’re wearing color today." She said.

"Don't get used to it" I commented. She glared in unhappiness. We drove to the school her shoes lighting up every time she hit the gas pedal or break. "Are those shoes waterproof?" I asked curiously. She looked at me in confusion. "No, why would they need to be water proof?" I just ignored her now, why try? I was going to laugh when she got shocked, was that a bad thing to say?

I walked into first period Math, my homework was still really damp, but at least I did it. Math class still drowned on like yesterday did. I watched the clock that was never a good thing to do. I heard that if you watch the clock then time seems like it passes slower. They were right the class seemed twice as long as the last time I was in it. The bell rang it seemed like a whole day rather then a whole class. I walked my way to journalism; most the time was really boring. School was never much fun though. I sat on the soft couch they had, and worked on my pre write for the newspaper. I felt a weight on the other side of the couch. I just thought it was Cali so I ignored it; she usually did all the speaking anyway. I wrote away not really paying any attention to the subject, just ramblings on paper.

"Hello Octavia" said a heavenly voice. My head shot up unexpectedly. "I'm sorry I did not mean to scare you." He apologized.

"That's all right I was just shocked, thought you were someone else." I said. He looked at me strangely for a while, and I was starting to think about moving away from him.

He noticed my glance at him. "Oh sorry guess I spaced out for a moment. Actually I came over to ask you a question I am doing for my poll. What kind of soda do you think is the best? Personally I like Pepsi." He said. I really agreed with Cali now that they were weird, I was a coke lover.

"I like diet coke" I said. His expression held disgust.

"That stuff is really gross," he commented.

I scowled at him. "Pepsi is almost the same except it taste like syrup, and has so much sugar it could give anyone a headache." I defended.

"Whatever you say" He coughed. He walked away and I was angry. I hated when people ended there conversations like that, because I never felt like I had won the argument. It always felt like they won.

I got up as the bell rang, and headed to choir. Mrs. Clarson was waiting for us patiently as we entered the class. "Today we are going to test your voices. We will see who has the best voice, we will start off by seeing how long you can hold one note without your voice changing." She instructed. "Octavia go against Ty." This was my only chance I was already in competitive mode and ready to beat him. We started off he was doing the same as me not giving up; obviously he wanted to show me up as well. Mrs. Clarson made us go to a higher note. The pitch was becoming uncomfortable, and he was having no problem. She moved the pitch back down to a lower one and my voice faltered. "Ty wins!" She declared. I tried to say something, but my voice was gone. Hopefully it would come back tomorrow so I did not have to miss too much of choir. My throat was terribly soaring, and I could not even get as much as a whisper from my vocal chords. With my luck I would have to get my tonsils removed.

I walked my way off to history. In this class at least no one had to talk except the teacher. Usually the whole time was just one long lecture, but that was okay I needed to have a little time to space off. The bell rang quickly for this class. I walked to the lunch room sitting at the same exact spot as yesterday. Cali sat by me, she talked the whole time she never even noticed that I had lost my voice. What a great friend, but I guess I was always really quiet so no one would ever notice. I was dreading P.E. all the way through lunch. I sat by that window again. The rain was getting worse I wonder if the tarp was enough for the car. My poor car I probably killed it and I had just got it. The bell rang way too soon. I headed off to gym.

Like I had thought, we were skating, but this time in a little tiny room inside, with lots of people all cramped and running into another. Sounds safe. I walked into the locker room and put the dreadful skates on. The gym outfit that we all had to wear was showing off my great purple bruises that spread across my knees. Some of the girls laughed at me when they saw that. I wish I had Cali here I could have through the shoe at them and watch it light up. At least she had the high-heels for protection. I could not say that Cali would do very good in a fight against anyone or anything. She just seemed way to girly. I stumbled out in the Roller skates. I skated around the gym a couple times. Completely avoiding Ty to try and avoid any collisions. I skated around easily, not as fast as the others, but pretty good sense I had never been Roller skating before. My knees ached, but I got through the class, without falling or injuring myself in anyway. I still had another class after this it was French. I did not really want to take French, but Cali convinced me it was better then Spanish, so I went. The teacher was really nice today, and postponed the test for a month so he could start at the beginning for me to learn. So the rest of the class had to relearn everything because of me. We learned just one syllable words today I did not remember many of them except love, and that was amour. I told Cali after school she did not need to bother to drive me I wanted to walk in the rain. Sometimes the rain could clear my thoughts. I walked out of the school building and began to walk.

I was beginning to get soaked through the clothes, and I was only half way there. I was happy for some odd reason though. The moon was getting fuller; it was at least detraction as I walked. It was a while before I got to the house. By the time I was home it was about 4:30 PM. That was actually really good, because I walked really slow, it was raining, I got lost, and it was me I was just lucky I didn't die. I checked on the car it smelt really bad I would have to change all the seats and cushions or they would mold. I sighed. At least it had stopped raining though. I walked inside, and ran up the stairs. I had to get the clothes off I hated the feeling of wet clothes. I was glad I walked home though I needed to be outside for a while. I felt really cold. I got some hot chocolate out of the cupboard, and poured some milk into a mug. I was lazy today so I put it into the microwave. I turned the heat up, and went and sat by the heater. I lay down by it, and closed my eyes in exhaustion. I had not slept in a while, and I never planned to. No homework today so today was really good. I could not wait tell I graduated. I wanted to live in New York, I don't know why though. I think maybe I watched too many movies with New York in them. The movies and pictures made them look so cool and beautiful. I could at least try to live there. If I hated it I would move, but I really wanted to see what it was like. The microwave beeped signaling the hot chocolate was done. I got up and stretched. I pulled the drink from the microwave; I almost spilt it on the way outside. I went to the porch to watch the stars. The wind whipped through my hair pulling it part way out of its bun. I didn't care I took the rubber band out and shook my head. My hair was let down.

The cold wind almost burned my face especially with the salt water spraying at me. I ignored the wind even though it was freezing, the hot chocolate kept me plenty warm. In the distance I saw a sea lion they looked weird from a distance. I wondered how they stayed out so long in the water when it was like that, huge waves coming at them. After a wave hit them they would just pop right back up. I was out here in the freezing cold wind with salt water blowing at my face, because this is as close as I could get to a dream. If I could sleep this would be exactly what I would dream about. This moment was perfect; I could care less if I died right now. It was nice to have a moment where something goes right. Then it started to snow, yes snow in October I forgot how early it used to snow here. I did not care if it was snowing though. I stayed out there waiting for morning to come, just watching the moon slowly fade away. After feeling the frost come, I went inside.

At least today was a Saturday so I would not have to go to school. Luckily Cali would not ask me to go anywhere either. The beach looked like a wreck in the snow; everything looked so dead, pale white and dead. Most of the snow melted as it hit the water, but if it became cold enough a thin sheet of ice would cover the shallow parts of the ocean. Some snow flakes landed in the water not melting at first then a huge wave would come, and knock it under. I was extremely bored looking out at the ocean, I was really becoming bored watching the ocean and the snow. How much more boring could this get? Well I guess I could not wait until this weekend was over. I had no idea what I was doing, or where I was going. I wondered down a hallway that could possibly hold a choir room. I then found Ty in that hallway as well. He looked at me.

"Where are you going?" He asked me with curiously.

"To choir, could you show me the way?" I asked shyly. I didn't want to seem like an idiot. I hated asking people for directions.

"Sure, just follow me, I have the same elective." He answered.

I was in complete awe, I had never thought he would be in choir. I followed Ty down the hallway, and took notice that I had been going the right way, so that was nice to know. I followed Ty into the choir room, and saw the teacher. I headed toward her.

"Hello, you must be Octavia." She acknowledged.

I smiled at her.

"I am Mrs. Clarson by the way." She said.

I shook her hand, and started to walk over to my seat. Thankfully all she did was test my voice; all I had to do was sing one song. I decided to sing Broken by Seether. For some reason I was never embarrassed to sing, or afraid to have people staring at me. A few kids clapped, and I was kind of happy. There was at least one thing I was finally good at.

History was quite boring they were studying about the Octavian’s though. I wondered if this was how my dad had chosen my name, but it was not very good if he did. Octavia was married by Antony in 40 B.C. but then later was left for the queen of Egypt Cleopatra. So Octavia was not very lucky. Just like me, but I was pretty sure my dad did not intend for that to happen. I listened as the teacher drowned on; Cali was not having a good time either. Finally lunch approached, and Cali and I sat at an empty table way off to the side. It was by a window, and sunlight was still flooding through it. I liked the sun it made my mood brighten just the slightest bit. I smiled looking out of the warm window. It was strange weather for this place in October, but it would be over by tomorrow so I was going to enjoy it.

 

 

 

 

© 2009 We are young.


Author's Note

We are young.
If there is a dublication of text again I am very sorry.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on June 13, 2009

Author

We are young.
We are young.

Peace Love Unity Respect, WA



About
I'm not going to same I'm not average, Because I am. I dance in the rain and make sick jokes. I'm not a person who speaks out or who states her opinion. I can be the calmest person when i want to, or .. more..

Writing