Different

Different

A Story by Pat Rickard
"

The story of a guy, who wanted to be unlike everyone else.

"
My first taste of human flesh was accidental.
My "friends" thought it would be funny to feed me human. Never mind the fact that I am actively against the entire concept of the Human Nutrition market. Once upon a time, those words would have meant actually feeding humans, instead of eating them.

Listen to me, speaking of them like I'm not one of them. I know what you're saying, that we're all "technically humans" as well. I don't mean it that way. I was supposed to be in one of the farms. You know the ones. The ones you drive by on the way to work every morning.The ones filled with the so called savages. The people that eagerly wave at you, the ones with that dim look on their faces. The ones that are unknowingly being fed and fattened, only to inevitably become your Sunday night family dinner. You know the ones.I was one of them, and I got out. They decided I was fit for society, and was bound for better things than becoming a few packets of lean cuisine.


Other, older people tell me it wasn't always this way. We used to eat things called animals. Instead of breeding humans as livestock, we did with things called cows and sheep. Some of the even older ones say there ancestors actually used to hunt these animals in the wild, with swords (which were essentially just huge dinner knives) and primitive guns that shot metal. I don't know if I believe them. I want to, badly, just to prove that we weren't always this way. To show that we used to treat everybody equally, instead of blatantly slaughtering millions without thought. I guess it doesn't really matter. These "animals" are long gone, and there's nothing to be done about it. This is the new normal. All that's left are colonies of morally flawed vampires, feasting on the blood of fellow man. These include my incredibly inconsiderate, disrespectful, a*****e friends who think that it's funny to feed me human.
 

© 2012 Pat Rickard


Author's Note

Pat Rickard
Written for the "first Line" contest.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

hilarious!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 15, 2012
Last Updated on October 16, 2012

Author

Pat Rickard
Pat Rickard

Canada



Writing