Some of Us...

Some of Us...

A Story by Moebia
"

Are you like us?

"
Everyday the world expects more from me. More and more until the list of necessities and mandates has reached an all time high and I am found scurrying along the streets with my back hunched over from holding them up so long. I am unable to take it all in at once, or more so, I don't know how to. An unknowing, gullible, naive, yet cynical girl--soon to be woman--I stand to the world, but on my insides these traits have been the apprentices to my mental demise. 
I cannot cry out my pain, I can only inflict upon myself in a clandestine fashion. Being overridden by one's emotions is something unacceptable to the world. It damages the barracks of normality. You're not meant to lash out--especially if you're a calm and sweet lady--you're meant to be strong and stand out and handle three thousand bloody tasks all on your little prancing feel while maintaining a pearly white, straight-toothed smile. 
Some of us are not strong. 

© 2015 Moebia


Author's Note

Moebia
Musings (Pt. 2)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on February 8, 2015
Last Updated on February 8, 2015

Author

Moebia
Moebia

Somebody's Nosy, TX



About
I am no writer of the sort. These are my musings, my arts, my flutters of thought. Call them what you may--but a poet is not anything that I am. I have been immersed in my violin for nearly a deca.. more..

Writing
mother mother

A Poem by Moebia


september 3rd september 3rd

A Poem by Moebia