A Bad Turns Good At Times

A Bad Turns Good At Times

A Story by Payal Saxena
"

It is an event, which I thought to share with you. After reading, if you think you also have something to share, please do share it with me. I would love to read from you. share as much as you can.

"
A Bad Turns Good At Times



I am a normal Indian girl, possessing some positive qualities like good writing skills, optimistic attitude and by God's grace earning on my own. But as a normal human being, I possess some negative qualities too, like being too pessimistic at times, laziness, bad in subjects like Maths and Science, etc.

One of my negative qualities is that I am having a high degree of "Procrastination". I am damn lazy and leaves the things on tomorrow and mostly end updoing things at the last moment. Fed up of this procrastination, but still sticking on to it, I am moving on in my life.

But even your negative qualities sometimes prove to be good for you. This is  recent incident. It was 8th October 2016 and just the previous day I received my salary in my bank account. Though I needed to withdraw some amount, my procrastination stopped me and I decided to withdraw the amount 2 days later.

I wasn't aware that not just mine, but the destiny and the condition of the whole country, my India are going to change in the coming 2 hours. Our destiny was going to change in just 2 ours. I just reached my home and around 9 p.m I got jolted by the latest news running across the country in e-media, print media, on-air, on broadcast and what not.

The Government of India, our honorable Prime Minister, Mr. Narendra Modi, announced to ban the currency of Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 with an immediate effect to stop the free flow of black money. Now each and every note of Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 has been just a piece of paper. It had no value at all, if it falls under the classification of black money. For the first time in Indian history, the middle class was laughing and rich was crying. In the midst of all this happy event and a bit of chaos suddenly something struck my mind and a happy smile crossed my face. I remembered I was going to withdraw some cash of Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000, which was still lying in bank account: safe, not just pieces of paper. Thank God, my procrastintion just saved me and my hard earned money this time.

Guys, I am damn sure, there must be some events in your life too, where your bad habits too might have saved you from danger and made you smile when others were sad. Folks, if you would like to share any such incident where your negativities saved you, feel free to share with me on this platform. Would love to read from you, your experiences, your feedback. Shoot it now!

© 2016 Payal Saxena


Author's Note

Payal Saxena
Read this story and share your experiences as much as you can. Really, even bad can do good at times.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good. My bad qualities do not save me from a critical situation. It punishes me. Lol

Posted 6 Years Ago


I am not sure if this counts. I was going to visit my doctor for my 32 week check up or something like that. I was running late cause, well at that time I was never on time to anything. So, anyways I was running like 20 minutes late. When I got on the highway I noticed a back up. A car that was exactly like mine was folded in two under a huge truck.... ( i cried not laughed that day.) I just had a bad feeling when I woke up that morning.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Payal Saxena

6 Years Ago

I was happy with my incident because though harsh but this decision of demonetization was beneficial.. read more
Payal Saxena

6 Years Ago

I hope you are in good health now
Diane

6 Years Ago

You're welcome. You as well.
After reading your great story. I truly hope people share their story to you aswell. XD

Posted 7 Years Ago


Payal Saxena

7 Years Ago

Thanks. It's good to read from you again after such a long time. Everybody is wishing me the same, b.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
T
Wow, that's great! Happy for you!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Payal Saxena

7 Years Ago

thanks! I wish others share their experiences too with me..!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 19, 2016
Last Updated on November 19, 2016
Tags: habit, perception, personality, view

Author

Payal Saxena
Payal Saxena

Delhi, India



About
Creative Writer 2nd - Creative Writing Contest more..

Writing