Resilience Requires Rectitude

Resilience Requires Rectitude

A Poem by a_glimpse_of_internal_perspective

Seduced soldiers of sinister solitude, seeking serenity and salvation, become servants to suicide-- surrendering sanity for sanctity.

Credulously convinced of the corrupt convictions of their culture, they castrate caution for a cause created by their creator.

We will not concede to their tactics of terror.

With magnanimous marches we shall mute the merciless merchants of this murderous mantra.

We will prevail with pride to protect our propensity for peace.

While winds whisper the words of weeping widows, we must fight the fire of our foreign foe with the fortitude found in our foundation for freedom.

Rampant rhetorical reasoning remains reflective of resistance to reasonable resolution-- resilience requires rectitude.

© 2011 a_glimpse_of_internal_perspective


Author's Note

a_glimpse_of_internal_perspective
This is a work in progress...I'm sharing it prematurely because I'd like to hear some feedback.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

In Za-Zen, the practitioner may sometimes listen to the gurling sound of the garden stream and simply rely on this to raise the thoughts in his mind that then gives touch to his sensations of review. Sitting on the garden verandah, the practitioner views the moonlight on the flowers and feels himself but a part of the grand scheme of creation. Its not thinking, in the way that one learns problem solving in a college. Its the presence and experience of being. A poem that examines will in respect of recent experiences, but has not as yet identified the wheels that turn within wheels in the experience of that will.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Thought provoking.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is very nice.
I'd love to read it again when it is done.
~Amai

Posted 12 Years Ago


The style is great. Keep it up. You played greatly with words.

But I am not a fan of this topic, so couldnt comment on the message.

Hoping to see some azure and pleasant poems with ur awesome skill.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Good work..needs some polish..

Posted 12 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

685 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 21, 2011
Last Updated on September 27, 2011
Tags: terrorism, religion, politics, 9/11, peace, war

Author

a_glimpse_of_internal_perspective
a_glimpse_of_internal_perspective

NY



About
I absolutely love to write, and I appreciate all forms of the written and spoken word. I have wanted to share some of my writing for quite some time, so I GREATLY look forward to any feedback or criti.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..