Unknown as of yet

Unknown as of yet

A Story by [Dark]
"

I just wrote it, and its more of a prologue then a story. So beware! i accept ALL kinds of criticism so keep that in mind while responding. And PLEASE do respond, its much appreciated xP

"

Instead of sitting there bored like I was supposed to be, I was running around the campus agitated. Sweat ran down my cheeks as I jogged from dorms to stores, and lecture hall to the cafeteria.  Instead of studying for the upcoming test, I was scrambling. The camisole clung to my arms and stomach, while my pants started slipping down slightly. My relatively straight, brunette hair, seemed like it was glued to my forehead and cheek. My eyes were burning like a bee stung it, due to the morning suns sharp glare.

It was noon on a Monday, and I had an hour until the nerve wrecking assignment would be handed out. It was the final project and task of my high school career.  Would I pass it? Or is the opposite, failing, going to be the Karmic outcome?

There’s only one reason I say “Karmic”. It was a domino effect lasting much longer than anyone had anticipated. It started in third grade, when I shared a class with a chubby boy. He was my age, and had light brown hair, hazel eyes, and a winning smile. Of course, his personality wasn’t as glamorous as you would expect. He was mischievous, running around knocking things down. We would have castles made out of building blocks, forced to the ground. He would stomp everything to his submission, crying when his will wasn’t upheld.

He was an annoying little bully, that neither adult, nor kid could appease. There was this one kid, as there usually is, that was targeted much more intensely, a girl by the name of Becky. She was a meek, shy girl. She was small and her eyes always seemed to be glued to the floor. Her short, mud colored hair reached no lower than ear length. Her hands were always clasped together in a tight grip. She was never absent, and she always sat quietly on the side.

Recess was the time of day where Becky would sit alone in her table, while the three other kids ran around in the class library, or sitting in their friends table. No one approached Becky either, except in one case. This one time, that brat of a boy slowly walked toward her. His eyebrows were knitted together in slight concern. His eyes looked everywhere except directly at his target. After several seconds, he slowly altered the course of his vision. The slight frown on his face turned into a grin almost instantly.

Step after step the boy took. His eyes gleamed with excitement. He opened his mouth as if he was going to say something, but he didn’t say a thing. What he did shouldn’t have been a surprise. He convulsed, and plummeted to the floor. His finger pointed at Becky, and nothing but a screech of laughter escaped his mouth. He circled and held his stomach.  Kids saw, and like the expression, “Monkey See Monkey do,” they followed. It was a roar of insults directed at no one, but this feeble girl, who did nothing wrong. It was an accusation unworthy, and no one noticed nor cared.

There was one exception. Only one of the third graders had morals, and realized what was happening. This one kid, this one girl, walked in front of the mass. She held out her hand, palm facing her audience, and declared what no other would dare. It was a testimony of strength and confidence. This chubby, brat of a boy, Dylan, was a menace. This weak kid was a bully that needed to be stopped. It was wrong, it was mean, and it was downright obnoxious. As the girl clearly stated as much, it was that very moment were her fate was set in stone. It was that spare sentence, in that third grade class, that history was carved, and Destiny would follow suite. That girl, I, was then on, cursed. 

© 2011 [Dark]


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Okay, I followed this for the most part. But how can you possibly consider a good deed making your life a curse? That's absurd, ridiculous! How exactly does this tie to the beginning? And ones life is only as cursed as they make it. You can make something good even in the worse circumstance, like that moment in third grade.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Okay, I followed this for the most part. But how can you possibly consider a good deed making your life a curse? That's absurd, ridiculous! How exactly does this tie to the beginning? And ones life is only as cursed as they make it. You can make something good even in the worse circumstance, like that moment in third grade.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
1 Review
Added on April 15, 2011
Last Updated on April 20, 2011

Author

[Dark]
[Dark]

not specified



About
Hey, if anyone's wondering, my real name is Shelly, and i live in the United States. More specifics? New York City, and for those that don't know what state that is... NY lol. Anyway, i live in a ve.. more..

Writing
Home Home

A Poem by [Dark]