The President can make America Wonderful

The President can make America Wonderful

A Story by Jim Yockey
"

President Arnold Wilbur tells the head of the Media what to tell Americans about his plan to make America Wonderful. (Not endorsed by Mr. Trump.)

"
The President Can Make America Wonderful ! 

The Presidents name here is fiction: The ideas are not. 

President Arnold Wilber had just signed a bill into law allowing the States to raise money for stomping out all drug users & dealers. The use of drugs is a direct DEA problem but, the new law would give individual States power to deal with drug users & dealers. There will be no leniency,
No rights of any kind. Just direct punishment by & for the people. If the people want hanging or public flogging, they will get it with-in 2 days of an arrest. No questions asked. Anything that resembles a drug, prescription or otherwise will be counted & the perp will be punished. Anything over twelve lbs, the perp will be sent to prison for life with no chance of parole.
 This new law is subject to States approvals of punishments. Any State not applying punishments will be dealt with by the DEA. In any case, ALL perps will be punished & watched 24/7 by man made electronic devices.
President Wilber, had a long day  of reading this bill & signing it into law. It was time to go outside & relax. He decided to go out front for the first time instead of the back by his residence. He took his time in the restroom & then had some ice tea & asked for only two security  guards to come with him outside the front door. They complied & led the President to the front door. President Wilber saw his Wife, Alma & asked her to join him. As they approached the front door, the White House Media chief was headed down the hall. The President motioned for him to come along & have some tea on the front porch. 
The security guards opened the front door & led them onto the front porch. 
They grabbed the lawn chairs from the porch & headed down the steps toward the lawn. It was a very warm sunny day & the guards thought it would be nice to sit on the grass in the lawn chairs. 
Everyone followed the guards except the President. He stayed on the last step of the porch taking in the fresh air. 
He thought to himself: “What an amazing day. No more drugs in America. I hope it works.”
He stepped off the last step of the porch & walked toward the others. 
He turn to swat a fly when all of the sudden he saw his shadow! “Oh my GOD.” He said out loud. “I just saw my shadow!!”  “Why is this important.” the Media Chief asked. The President said: “Why it means another year of Accomplishments.!”
His wife jumped up & said: ”The President is right! When he sees his shadow at the front of the Whitehouse, it means another year of Accomplishments.! This all started with Jefferson talking to John Adams about the future of the country & how they would have to deal with the crazy ideas from senators & house representatives & others like, pork barrellers, special interest groups, lobbyists , truck drivers, teachers, protestors, & the many other groups that would show up over the coming years.”
President Wilbur had read all about this & knew someday he would have to deal with it also. But, Jefferson was not around to help him. He would have to rely on his advisors, chief of staff & his staff to help him through the rough days. But, He had a plan. A plan to fix  things.  

He grabbed a lawn chair & sat across from the Media Chief. “Hey Will, tomorrow we will discuss some plans on what to tell Americans about my plans to deal with the up & coming  Bullshit.” The chief nodded & they went on to other subjects. 
After awhile, the head chef brought out a nice trout diner & served it on the lawn. The guards had set up TV trays for everyone including themselves. The DC police where doing a good job keeping the crowds away from the front gate. 

They all went back in after awhile & headed to the residence. The Media chief said good night & the guards went home after being relieved. They were proud to have eaten a good meal with the well liked President. His approval rating was over 60 this time of year. He had ended three wars in the middle east (For now anyway). The economy was improving thanks to Chrysler taking back their company from Fiat & other companies bringing business home from China. The American people were being rewarded better wages & benefits from company profits. The CEO’s were limited now to 10% of profit income. A demand made by shareholders of most rich companies. Americans were also proud to make products again. The work place was more relaxed & studies of Google & Facebook were made & taught to other companies. 
The time clock type of work was eliminated (Except for assembly line types of work). This allowed people to police themselves & as a matter of fact, people came to work earlier & went home latter. They learned to love their work.

President Wilber slept well. He ate a good breakfast & asked his secretary to summon the chief of the Media. 

Will, we will begin with Medicare. We are not going to put together a task force to look into Medicare fraud, I just want you to hire three people to deal with it. Have them enter into your computers all Doctors, Hospitals, Medical centers & the like & then extract all of the Medicare claims & cross reference them to the correct codes for paying the claims. I am sure you will find billions in fraud payments. Shut down the Hospitals, Doctors & Medical Centers until the fraud payments are rectified. Give them a five year payment plan to pay back the fraud. Have those arrested who are guilty of the fraudulent forms. Not secretaries, but the Doctors themselves. Have them fired immediately. 
Replace them with new college grads who are serious about becoming Doctors.

Next: Will, I have ideas on how to improve education. Have you seen ‘Shark Tank’ on TV? Well, we need more people with new ideas. Make sure the education system is teaching Napolean Hills “Think & Grow Rich” and other positive types of books & systems plus what students are learning today. No student turned down, but, no skipping or missing classes either. Students shall be given 4 days a year to be sick. Otherwise, they lose any chance at any type of scholarships.
In areas such as Detroit’s & Chicago’s south sides , & anywhere crime & gangs roam, we will have the truant officer program re-instated. No body misses classes & if they are caught, they will be dealt with by setting up a ‘Forced Education Program.’.  The ‘FEP’ system will be strict & mandatory. No exceptions. America is ‘FREE’ but it won’t be if we let the thugs run it. ‘NTP’ also will be set up. (No Thugs Program). 
Now to the Teachers: They will be paid an appropriate wage & benefits in each State as the States Budget allows, but, it will be a fair wage mandated by the FEDS. You look into that, Will. I will get back to you with a budget for that program. Also, teachers will have to essentially love their work & be passionate about it. No teacher will ‘Just have a Job.’.  Set up a program that if a student gets a ‘D’ or an ‘F’, the teacher is to be responsible also. There will be a lot of circumstances here, but, it has to be addressed. If it is a ‘Home/Parental problem, teachers will not be responsible but have to council parents. There is, I am sure more to look into, but, this will be a good start.

Ok, Will, how about a sandwich?  Good, I am glad you like liver worst & Tuna. Ice tea is very good here in the Whitehouse. So is the chocolate cake. Just don’t Tell the First Lady. (Or my lover, Monica.)

Now Will, what do you think we should do about crime & over crowded prisons? “Well, Sir, I would analyze who is in prison & what for. The simple crimes such as, 1 weed/joint convictions, & simple shop lifting & driving crimes should be punished by just 2 months in jail. That would save this country & the States billions in daily costs. If they are repeat offenders, put them into the ‘FEP’ , then when they graduate after 3 years, they will be put on the new ‘Re-Building the Infrastructure’ system. Engineers, sweepers, laborers, etc. All graduates of the ‘FEP’ program. This will solve two bird with 1 stone. 
Number two Sir: Deport all international criminals who are not citizens of the USA. 
Now, I have looked into some stats Sir about how many blacks are in prison. It is 95%.  I think it starts with the welfare system & black single Mom problem. Black men seem to leave their spouses. I know white do also, but the black single Moms who are on drugs & alcohol should be re-educated after being de-toxed. A ‘FDP’ . (Forced De-tox Program.) They also will be part of the new infrastructure rebuilding program. As secretaries, laborers, engineers & the like. The children of these ‘New Moms’ will have a better life & structure for their lives instead of crime. 
There is more to study on this subject also, but, Sir, I would link it to education & freedom from drugs & alcohol.  
How do we rid the country of drugs & alcohol. It won’t be easy but, it seems to start in the school system so, we infiltrate the system with trained operatives to clear it out of the system. Training will be tedious but, it will work if the operatives have passion & make sure they don’t cross over to crime because it pays better. We will interview them once a month to make sure they are taken care of. 
Dealers, users & sellers of drugs will be put into the ‘FEP’ program also. 
Internationals will be deported if they are not registered citizens.”

Sounds good  Will.

Now, to the Border Problems, Will. A fence is not the answer. Remember Reagan? “Tear down this wall Mr. Gorbachev.” Well, a wall is not the answer here either.
I have asked the Arizona Government to come up with a solution. For now, I have hired the staff of MIT together with the border patrol to install a laser system clear from California to the East Texas / Mexican borders. Nobody will be able to cross these lasers with-out being seriously injured & it will take a few injuries to stop the inflow of illegal’s. The lasers will also be installed all along & through the Red & Rio Grand rivers. 

I have 2 words to describe the economy. ‘Fuel Prices!’ Keep these down for a better economy. Get rid of speculators & greedy refinery prices.
Get oil off the stock market. It is a necessity not a commodity.
If you do not know how to do this, dig up Ronald Reagan & ask him.

Health & Insurance. Look at their profits, then ask yourself, “Self? How do I eliminate greed from these companies?. And as far as Obama Care: Why if one is to poor to buy it, are they fined? Ridiculous. 

Farming? Give them what they want. People need to eat. Quit paying for farmer NOT to grow a product. Get Government out of the farms.

Spending & spending Waste? This is the biggest problem. Overbidding on Government projects. Will, we need an overseeing group to over see this problem. They will be directly responsible to my interior secretary. 
He will show me bids when ever my staff schedules time for me to talk with him. I will want to see a breakdown of each projects bids & costs.
Then I will notify the appropriation committees about these bids. I may not have time to do all of this myself, but, my newly created waste staff will. 
If I see a hammer going for $400, I will have some heads rolling & people will get fired & the company charging that much will be put out of business. I will leave the details up to the FBI.
There is plenty of Government waste these days & it has to be addressed without creating more wasteful spending. You will create only one department for this. There will be surprise inspections of their work & work ethics & habits. But, they will be treated like employees at Google. A happy environment.

Will, how do we create more jobs? Limit all CEO’s & COO’s to 10% of the companies profits up to $500,000 a year. Anything over that goes to shareholders & employees. Employees first. 7% of profits split to employees plus their regular wages. Minimum wages to be $14.90 in America to full time employees. Part time down to $10 an hour minimum.
If a product can be created in Asia for less then here in America, find out why & get a new system in place for that products company. No child labor but, incentives for companies who make products in America. We obviously make better quality products here in America but, with help from employees, distributors, shippers, truckers etc. we can get our costs down & still maintain quality. How?
Duplicate what China does except for labor practices. Look at
Micro-Soft, Google, Yahoo, & Facebook. Ask Mark Zuckerburg for ideas. 
He is not our enemy & he is doing nothing wrong except helping people & donating time & money to foundations like Bill & Melinda Gates etc. ASK some of these successful people to help build our economy instead of pointing fingers at them.  Help the younger entepaneurs to build our economy. Drop some of the ridiculous restrictions & revamp the tax laws to help them. 
Quality?? Ask the car manufacturers how they do quality. They have improved it 1000 % since the 90’s.

Government? Will, how do we get them under control?. The democrats spend to much money & the republicans don’t spend enough. How do we get to a ‘one country in mind system‘? no wonder China succeeded. The one party sytem let them build it. There are a million things wrong with Communism, I agree, but the fact is, they do not have two parties pulling at each other & not building our success. They find one subject & fight about it. The President is the leader. He CAN control congress & the House. Set an agenda & a plan. When Mr. Romney was running for President, he would not discuss a plan for America. All he could say was he would do a good job. What job?? What good? What was/is the plan?

This letter would be my plan. Whether we could do it or not, at least it is a plan. Right or Wrong.

It is going to take some time to put this plan in action & it is going to take cooperation & people who want us to be a success at democracy & freedom.

The drug problems can be fixed. The un-employment can be fixed. Other things can be fixed but, only with cooperation from both parties & a good strong leader. 

The Military: I think it is ok & does not need fixed except for Generals who think War is an answer. Fire them. But, listen to the wise. We DO need to rid the World of terrorism & the criminals in the middle east but, only they can control how they pop up all the time. We cannot force democracy on someone just as the Church cannot force religion on a peoples. 

Funding, Grants & incentives. How do we pay for them? CUT WASTE! 
CUT USELESS Project funding. Look around America. There are hundreds & hundreds of un-finished projects funded by the Government.

 The poor. Do not cut their benefits but, do not hire the poor to pay the poor or issue benefits such as food stamps.  The blind cannot lead the blind & the poor cannot feed the poor. They need jobs I realize, but, let’s
feed them work the proper way. Education. Period! Give the poor hope. 

Stop greed in America. That isn’t easy and I would have to write three more books on how to do that, Will. But, if it isn’t stopped, America will implode.
Example: Car sales. The saleman used to make 30% of profit on a vehicle sold. Now, the commissions are split to the Saleman, his manager & his manager & some others.  Then the owner gets his share so now car manufacturers have to raise prices & we have high inflation which is another three books.
The Hot Dog Theory…HDT !!!
If I sold 1,000 hot dogs at a ballgame at $50 cents a dog, I would make $500. Right? But If I sold only 250 dogs for $2.00 I make the same, then 750 people did not get one at all. Now they have to eat popcorn at $25 cents a box. I make $187.50 & it all cost me $50 to buy it & make it & pay rent to the ball park. My profit is $37.50 a game. Per day at 18 games a month, that is : $675. I can live on that because I have a dry cleaners business for the rest of my income.

Ok, the point is: Why do we have inflation? Because more people demand a cut of your business including the Government. The hot dogs & the popcorn would be cheaper if their were not so many fingers in the pie. The middlemen are thieves. Eliminate them to lower inflation.

Taxes: Does indexing work? Explain why & why not. You might want to consult the Brazilian tax people.

Is Airforce One & The Presidents Limo & other benefit’s an unusual expense? No, not as long as hammers are $400 each. Actually the real answer is still no. He is like Kings of Old. He is the Worlds premier leader & should be rewarded for leading. Even if he does a bad job, he is still our leader because we elected him to be. 

Foreign Aide: It has to stop or we do lose America. I realize we need to help the World but, foreign aide has been the most un-fairest waste of all.
WWII is over. Let’s get back on the track FDR put us on to success. !! And the peace that IKE brought us. There. Now you have a Democrat & a Republican with a plan!

Let’s be Americans, not a split two party argument.!

GOD bless you Will & GOD bless America!

We will talk some more tomorrow. OK?








Ok, Will, the Media Chief, I was getting mixed up yesterday. You are Will & I am Wilber the President. I saw my shadow & thought I could get away with another year with-out bullshit. But, it looks like we will have another year of bullshit. Let’s talk about that Will.
“Ok, Sir.”
Now Will, I like that you wear jeans & a t-shirt, but the public will not. So, go buy a 3 piece suit for public speaking. Forget the tie though. They strangle you all day long. Just look at me. It already hurts & I have only had it on an hour. “Take it off sir. “.  “Ok, Will, here goes. Ahhh, much better.” 
Will, I have decided to take over the oil industry. No more investors or speculators will have control. Tomorrow I will nationalize it. $1.89 will be top cap for a gallon of gas & diesel. Truckers need a break also. I will also make car MPG up to 45 MPG required. All makes & models. No exceptions. Electric will soon take over but for now, high MPG is required. They have 4 months to complete this task. All older cars will be taxed $0.40 a gallon for bad MPG. Classic cars (1965 to 1973) will be exempt from the tax. But they will be smog tested. All lawn mowers, tractors & other gasoline engines will be converted to Hydrogen with-in one year. No exceptions here either.
Cruise ships will be converted to wind power & aircraft will be converted to Hydrogen. They all have 1 year to comply. Congress will have nothing to say about any of this & if they do, I will convince the public to recall them & not re-vote for them. Each person who votes for a lawyer for a politician will be fined heavily & fired from their jobs. 
The public is getting sick of lawyers becoming politicians. OK? “Yes, Sir. I agree.”
1/3 Of Corporations making 2 billion or more will be feeding the poor to the tune of 1% of their NET income. The tax breaks they get will cease. Other incentives will keep them afloat. Like, all employees to get part of the net income once a month, not once a year. 2% to be split amongst the employees whether it is a sweeper or an executive secretary. Free enterprise will still exist but, on an equal level. The rich can get richer but, they must help the poor once the corporation is at the 2 billion gross income level. Not net income, but, gross income. You heard me right, Will. “Yes sir, I did.. Gross not Net.”
The Sports industry will follow the same rules. But with exception. Each City that has a professional sports team will donate 1.5% of the gross income to feed & house the poor. And the poor will not police the poor. Good Samaritan companies will police the poor by making sure they have food, housing & clothing. And if any of the poor have a mental condition, they will be collected & sent to a facility that can handle & help them. Not funny farms, but mental health issue facilities. 
There will be people policing the streets for the homeless. Each homeless person will be given a questionnaire to find out why they are homeless & help will be given. Funds to come from another ½ % of gross from corporations making 2 billion gross or more. 
Any corporation moving their business to a foreign country will be punished by embargoing their products. If they are already in a foreign country, they will be ok but, if they expand it has to be in this country. 

Aw. Lunch will. “Yes Sir, Lunch.” I love crab & cheese. Don’t you Will?
“No Sir, I like pea soup & crackers & a good hot dog.”  It is done Will.
Hey cook……Will wants a ….  “Ok, Sir. Coming right up.”

Will, “Yes Sir?”  Drones will be legal up to 200 feet but, must have a giant number on it. All drones will be registered into a central computer. I will have a committee hire 40 people to run it. Then the committee will be disbanded to save more money. 

Some small new rules will be set into effect in this country.
1. Peeing in public is ok if you really have to go. This will save hospitals thousands of dollars on kidney diseases & transplants.
2. Bars will close at 11:30 PM No later. Red Necks will just have to stop drinking so late.
3. Alligator shoes are banned from now on. The army needs the material.
4. King size cokes & soft drinks will be priced lower than medium & small.  Spread the love.
5. Any dogs pooping in public are to be congratulated because cats do it.
6. Pit Bulls will be eliminated here & in Mexico. I have discussed this with the Mexican leadership.
7. Mile Markers will be WiFi active for travelers.

We will discuss other small new laws shortly as I think of them. 
Oh, yea, I reiterate, lawmakers from now on will not be lawyers. They will be a cross of American workers & entrepreneurs. 

Will, how are you doing. “Fine Sir. I like what you are saying. I think Ronald Reagan would have agreed with your new plans.”

Good, Will, because, they will be strict rules until the public can settle down & crime is cut to below norm. Also, Christians will have the right to prayer any where they want. Even in schools. Non Christians will have the same rights. Freedom of speech applies to all Americans. No mater  where they are.
The environment will be trusted to the scientists. I will agree with how ever they suggest we make changes to industry. 
The space race will continue until we find out it is all a hologram or we find aliens. If we find aliens, we will offer them beer. A six pack of beer a day, keeps war away, my grandmother used to say. 
“What about right now, Sir?”   Hey, cook, bring us some beer. “Sir.”



 

© 2016 Jim Yockey


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on June 6, 2016
Last Updated on June 6, 2016
Tags: President, America, Wonderful, Great, Plans, Media, Will, Fix America.

Author

Jim Yockey
Jim Yockey

Wichita, KS



About
I am a White male 72 yrs old Realtor in Wichita Kansas. I grew up in Stockton California, lived in Seattle WA for 30 years after 6 years in the USN where we operated on a Destroyer in the Caribbean S.. more..