Power of Life

Power of Life

A Story by Elsie

I never thought I would ever find someone who would complete me as well as you do, but I was wrong. You walked right through a raging storm into a pitch black house to find me held up huddling in the closet corner.

            Even when most people would have simply given up. Instead you chose to fight harder. You sat on the opposite wall by the closest and simply talked to me. You gave me enough room to escape if I chose to do such a thing.

            I wasn’t sure what you saw in me or even what I could possible give you in return for showing me kindness. Even after I started to talk to you and gave you small glimpses of my life and you didn’t run.

            You sat in the hallway and simply listened to everything I was willing to say, almost in hopes to scare you off. It only seemed to draw you in more. Almost like I was a wounded animal that you wanted to save, yet you needed to be caution in order to save me from myself.

            Even after I realized what you were doing I should have pushed you away. To keep myself from feeling anything again. Instead I allowed you to plant a seed in my life just to simply to see if it would take root and grow. If by miracle it started to grow in such a harsh and dangerous environment what would life be like.

            Never once did I imagine that you would give me so much. When I  final started to make my way out toward you I was still afraid. Unsure what the world really held for someone like me an outsider.

            Yet you made sure that I knew that I was safe and that you would never leave my side. That even when my broken wings healed you would be there for me. I allowed you to take my hand and lead me outside my closet and past the pitch black house. 

            You lead me to a much brighter world that I had long ago forgotten. At first I was confused on why I would ever want to forget such a place, but then my fears were realized. Everyone seemed to slow down or stop and stare at me.

            All the reasons I had stayed hidden away seemed to came flying back to me with no end in sight. I wanted to run back to my safety zone, but you would not let me.

            That it was nothing that I couldn’t overcome from the help of those who care about me and I foolishly believed you.

            I did everything you had told me to do, but those reasons never seemed subside if anything they got worse. Yet I kept fighting along side you. In hopes the staring would at some point stop brothering me altogether.

            Then one day it dawned of me on why they were satring. They were able to see the scars the world gave to me from to many battles I lost.

            I felt enraged at myself for being so dumb to have ever allowed you to take me out of my safe zone. I decided for once and for all that I was giving up. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me back to my pitch black house to the safety of my closet.

            Somehow you had gotten there before me and left behind a simply ‘rose’ that held so much power over me. I couldn’t believe that you would do that to me.

            You had taught me that everyone had many layers. Like the ‘rose’ the center petals was what truly made up a rose and people. That I need to get to a person ‘core’ to see who they really are. Like the ‘rose’ that has thorns everyone has been through some form of hardship.

            That gift gave me all the strength in the world to keep fighting and moving on to a brighter tomorrow. 

© 2017 Elsie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great work love.
if you need a bigger review (which hurt sometimes, but even I don't escape) tell me. but nice work.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
1 Review
Added on September 29, 2017
Last Updated on September 29, 2017

Author

Elsie
Elsie

Marblehead, MA



About
I love to write and I write anything and everything. I love to sing even though I am not good at it. I love to walk around everyone that I can. I love to read everything I can usually get my hands on... more..

Writing
Hold on Hold on

A Poem by Elsie


Brother Brother

A Chapter by Elsie


Raw Emotions Raw Emotions

A Poem by Elsie