Summer

Summer

A Story by Jessica
"

This was an assignment for my creative writing class.

"

  Jenna always wanted a family. She always thought that she would find the one and she did. Jenna met Cam at a friend's party a few years back. Everything was perfect, so she thought. After a year of dating Cam finally popped the question and Jenna said yes. Jenna never felt happier. Their wedding was set for summer, this was gonna be her summer.

   It was about six months before the wedding when she noticed something was off. Cam started acting different. She thought it was just nerves, but deep down she knew it was bigger than nerves. About a month before the wedding Cam told Jenna that he wasn't the marrying kind. Adding insult to injury Jenna had to tell all the guests that there will no longer be a wedding, Jenna was crushed.

   Kim and Liz, Jenna's friends, finally got Jenna out of the house. It had been a year since Cam destroyed her life. Kim, Liz, and Jenna went shopping for a friend's baby shower. As they shopped Jenna began feeling depressed watching all the happy couples gush over their bundles of joy. She found a bench and sat down. After a few moments passed, she noticed a man and woman looking at some toys. The man wasn't just any man it was Cam. Jenna wanted to disappear, she tried to sneak around them and out the front door. It almost worked until Liz screamed her name.

   Cam looked up and met Jenna's chocolate brown eyes. He smiled and walked over to her.

" Hello Jenna." He said surprised.

" Oh hey Cam." She said trying to sound casual.

" What are you doing here?"

" I'm just shopping for a friend. What are you doing here, I never expected you to be in a baby store."

" You didn't hear?"

" No, I didn't" Jenna didn't want to know what she already knew.

" I, um, got married and we are now expecting twins."

" Twins?"

" Yeah, two boys." He smiled as the words came out of his mouth.

The woman he was with was now standing next to him.

" Hi, I'm Summer." She stuck her hand out and Jenna shook it.

Summer left leaving Cam and Jenna alone.

" I thought you weren't the marrying kind." Jenna said viciously.

" I know, I'm sorry things changed."

" What changed?" she said almost in tears.

" I finally found my Summer."

© 2010 Jessica


Author's Note

Jessica
Please ignore any grammatical errors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on July 5, 2010
Last Updated on July 6, 2010
Previous Versions

Author

Jessica
Jessica

Palm Springs, CA



About
My name is Jessica. I am 17. I live in California. And I try to enjoy life to the fullest. more..

Writing
The Secret... The Secret...

A Story by Jessica


Moonlight Moonlight

A Poem by Jessica


Choice Choice

A Poem by Jessica