Assorted Tales

Assorted Tales

A Story by penhive
"

These are a collection of Micro-Fiction

"

Eye of the Rainbow

Eye of the Rainbow is an idiom and it means winning a gargantuan money through a windfall.

I would like to experience the Eye of the Rainbow in my life.


Gaze

The Psychoanalyst Lacan has surgicalized gazes into three. They are the sexual gaze, the clinical gaze and then the commercial gaze.

Sexual Gaze

She looks at him with hungry desire, and he looks back at her with the same intent.

 Clinical Gaze

The psychiatrist looks at the patient with a surgical gaze and orders the confinement of the patient to the asylum.

Commercial Gaze

While the Cinema is going on, the screen casts an entertainment gaze upon the consumer. The looker is unable to gaze back.


Epiphany about the Sunset

 The sky is a melodious carpet of crimson, pink and violet. The birds are nattering busily. The sun is a globe of fire. The colors have scattered like folk music. The sky is a dream of art, a poetry of floating clouds. I put my dreams on to the sky for accomplishment.


Epiphany about the Rain

Rain is pouring, the melody of a charisma. Thunder is roaring like Zeus riding a motorcycle. The clouds are grey and swollen. The sky has become a psalm of rain. Rain, is the Manna of God sent as blessings to the earth. Rain the passion of a wet forest. Rain the musical odyssey of a Greek Drama, the poetic mystic of passions encountered. The earth has become wet with the copulation of the sky.



Epiphany for a Butterfly

Bard on tiny black wings, how you float with poetic ease. You are nature’s love song, you a mystic passion of lucky days to come. Come and sing your song to me. Clear my mind of troubles and worries. There again, you perch on the window sill, there you halt and look at me with poetic discernment. I have fallen in love with you.

© 2021 penhive


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
Added on March 11, 2021
Last Updated on March 11, 2021
Tags: Drabble, Flash Fiction, Literature, Art, Aesthetics, Eye of the Rainbow, Idioms

Author

penhive
penhive

Pathnamthitta, Kerala, India



About
I am a Hellenic Philistine, an existential nihilist, a postmodern enthusiast, and I ontologize my being into religions of Christianity and Judaism with the being of an apologist. more..

Writing
Idioms Idioms

A Story by penhive