Assorted Tales

Assorted Tales

A Story by penhive
"

These are a collection of Drabble.

"

Law of Attraction

I was on Facebook and then I saw an advert, and in it, a person was speaking about the law of attraction.

He said: ‘most people can’t fulfill their desires because they think from a limited perspective’.

He did not explain what is limited perspective.

I wonder: if the law of attraction I working in his life, why does he want to sell it as a product to others.

Yes, he is a confidence man out to make a fast buck.


Switzerland

I was watching a promo video on Facebook and in it a beautiful, gorgeous village was shown.

I loved the snow-clad alps, the lush meadows of green in the valleys and the movement of the locomotive over a gigantic bridge through the mountains. I put my finger on the screen and said: ‘Oh God Jehovah Jesus: give me a chance to visit there.’

Rain an Epiphany

Metaphors are pouring from the sky. The sky is veiled as a dark carpet. My thoughts are still and I marvel at the rhythm of music. Time has become a beauty of thought. The earth is lying in chorus of a wet puddle.

The Temple

The deity in the temple is an orthodox one. He is celibate and abstemious. Women who are menstruating are not allowed in the temple. Recently the court passed a verdict which allowed the entry of all women. But even though the verdict is a positive one, yet religious thug devotees stand in the way and debar women from entering the temple.

 

 

 

© 2021 penhive


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
Added on March 28, 2021
Last Updated on March 28, 2021
Tags: Drabble, Flash Fiction, Literature, Art, Aesthetics

Author

penhive
penhive

Pathnamthitta, Kerala, India



About
I am a Hellenic Philistine, an existential nihilist, a postmodern enthusiast, and I ontologize my being into religions of Christianity and Judaism with the being of an apologist. more..

Writing
Idioms Idioms

A Story by penhive