Assorted Tales

Assorted Tales

A Story by penhive
"

This is a collection of Micro-Fiction

"

The Tomb Stone

While going on the road, I came across a shop making tomb stones. I wondered what my epitaph will be? Will it be a fancy one? Will it be something nominal? Should it be like this: here is an eulogy for a free spirit. A life well lived. No sorrows, no regrets. Homage to the departed soul. Or should it be like this: never lived, never died, was on planet earth for a short life. I don’t know.

Scarecrow

Scarecrows are usually planted in fields to ward of birds. But here in my village when new buildings are being constructed, a scarecrow is erected to ward off the evil eye.

The Lottery

I used to buy lotteries and I used to convert their letters and digits into numbers and then I anticipate that it will be lucky for me. Then again, I ask God to help me. Now I realize that I have to  leave the entire lottery into God’s hands. Today I have done so and I hope that a blessing will favor me as luck.

God

There was a Professor of mine who said in class: God is only a set of ideas. Then one day I visited his room and to my surprise, I saw many pictures of Hindu Gods and Goddesses. Then I realized the folly of his statement.

The Coin

While in school days: we used to walk on the railway track. Then we used to put coins on the track and see the changes that go through them after a train had passed that way. The coins would be flattened to pulp and their markings erased. We used to pick it up with relish.

 

 

© 2021 penhive


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on April 19, 2021
Last Updated on April 19, 2021
Tags: Drabble, Flash Fiction, Literature, Art, Aesthetics

Author

penhive
penhive

Pathnamthitta, Kerala, India



About
I am a Hellenic Philistine, an existential nihilist, a postmodern enthusiast, and I ontologize my being into religions of Christianity and Judaism with the being of an apologist. more..

Writing
Idioms Idioms

A Story by penhive