Locked Away

Locked Away

A Story by Lexi

When I die, I want my heart to be padlocked in a black box and sent out  to sea so that waters will always have my heart. My head, to be locked in a white box and placed on a mountaintop, so my head can always be in the clouds, never having to meet my heart. However hard they tried, they could never seem to agree on anything. Separating them and their ideas would be ideal. My soul goes with me, as does my personality and verve.  Nobody can or will take away any of those things from me. That’s the way it’s always been, and that’s the way it’ll always be.

Someone will bury my legs in an abandon field, far away. They’ll then know they could never take me wherever I wanted and couldn’t run away from all of my problems, even though they tried; they’ll learn that you just have to stick through the hardest things in life. I want my ribs to burn; no matter how hard they tried, they couldn't protect me from the hardest pains. I want to show them that you can't protect yourself from everything. That sometimes, you're forced to burn.

© 2012 Lexi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a great piece. The title grabbed me and pulled me in.
Although it was short it said a lot.
I want my head to be in the clouds too~

Posted 13 Years Ago


Who says you don't have any talent? This was well written and clever. I, the consummate cheerful a*s, even liked how bleak the part with the legs and ribs got. Whoever is telling you that you don't have talent is most likely wrong. That includes yourself! Have a good one!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 16, 2010
Last Updated on August 8, 2012

Author

Lexi
Lexi

NY



About
I like writing, sometimes. more..

Writing
Never Perfect Never Perfect

A Poem by Lexi


Distance Distance

A Story by Lexi


March 8th March 8th

A Poem by Lexi