I'm at a Loss for Words

I'm at a Loss for Words

A Story by perfectlyadapted
"

yes this is a story about a fortune cookie...they don't get enough love.

"

I kept a message, a secret deep inside me - wrapped and twisted around my heart, around my lungs. I held it close, held it tight and hugged it every day and night. I never wanted anyone to hear my knowledge secret but someone was meant to and that someone was you. You scooped me up one cool evening - you were out with your friends. You were smiling and laughing and enjoying the company. At the end of the night as you walked out the restaurant door you grabbed me by the hand and looked at me - peered right to my soul. You pried my self-hugging arms and broke me - cracked me open. You, with that warm grin and inviting eyes, found my knowledge secret. You freed my trapped heart. The liberation washed out the dust in my lungs and I breathed for the first time. To know that you had found the words I held onto for so long, to know they were finally in the right hands lifted my spirits and filled the empty space you made. You looked over my message with a passing glance and mumbled what sounded like, "in bed" before crumpling up my message to you.

 

I thought it was profound. I thought it would change your life. I thought it would solve all you're problems but alas I have no words left for you - that was all I had.

© 2011 perfectlyadapted


Author's Note

perfectlyadapted
So funny story...
I couldn't come up with a title so I was like "I'll just put 'I'm at a loss for words'" but the funny thing is - it actually kinda fits the story.

that is all.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

a loss for words for an unrequited love, maybe? i liked the way you strung the words together. it came together well.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
1 Review
Added on September 17, 2011
Last Updated on September 17, 2011

Author

perfectlyadapted
perfectlyadapted

TX



About
I'm just a college student trying to navigate my way through the world. I just started writing poetry a couple of months ago. I've started writing some sparse prose (I think they're more like vignette.. more..

Writing