Top Cost Effective Vegetables to Grow

Top Cost Effective Vegetables to Grow

A Story by petergoods
"

There are many advantages your own vegetables and that is why many people prefer to take up with this activity, instead of buying them from the grocery store.

"

There are many advantages your own vegetables and that is why many people prefer to take up with this activity, instead of buying them from the grocery store. This tends to be a fantastic way in which to supply your body with the needed vitamins and to save a lot of of money at the same time. Although money is not the main reason why you would prefer growing your own vegetables, there is still a list of them that will really come as cost effective ones, if you have enough ground space in your garden. When you take this decision you need to make sure that the seeds are suitable for growing in your region and that you will have enough time to take care of your vegetable garden.


In this article you will be given detailed information which are the cost effective vegetables to grow into your favourite garden. If you pick them, you will be able to save a lot of money and you will enjoy the pleasant taste of your fresh vegetables.



1.Garlic


Garlic is considered one of the easiest crop to grow in the garden and for that reason I advise you to find a place for this useful vegetable in your garden. On top of that the price of the garlic bulbs is very moderate so it is definitely a good option. Garlic is usually grown in winter, so choosing it is a great way to use your garden during that season. It requires regular weeding as well as harvesting from time to time. If you want to be supplied with garlic bulbs that are of a good quality, make sure that you have provided the right curing all the time.


2.Lettuce


Lettuce is another cost effective vegetable, suitable for growing in your own garden. You will be able to enjoy your fresh lettuce and to recoup its cost in a few weeks. Be careful to plant a small amount of the seeds and to leave seeds for the replanting that needs to be performed every two weeks during the growing season. The leafy varieties of lettuce are traditionally easier for harvest, because you only need to pick the outer leaves. If you take care of the lettuce, you will definitely have a significant amount of this green vegetable on your table.


3.Broccoli


Broccoli is another cost effective vegetable that can be grown in spring or in summer. One very important detail is that broccoli requires soil that contains a lot of organic matter. A money-saving way for planting the beds of the broccoli is to put them in green manure. In this manner you will fertilize the soil without spending a lot of money. Before starting with the planting of the broccoli put some compost on to the soil as well as rock phosphate for better fertilising. If you take into account these recommendations presented by GardenersMates, you will have fresh and delicious broccoli to prepare your favourite meals.



These are some of the vegetables that you could grow into your own garden, without investing a huge amount of money. After picking them up, do not forget to wash and clean them in a careful manner. After that you can use them for the preparation of fascinating specialities for your family and friends. Prepare your garden for the seeds, roll up sleeves and forget about the grocery stores �" you are about to become a proud possessor of your own vegetable garden. Choose one of the vegetables, mentioned above and initiate your first cost effective vegetable garden. In this way you will have the chance to have fresh and full with vitamins vegetables at your disposal.


© 2014 petergoods


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on December 23, 2014
Last Updated on December 23, 2014
Tags: vegetables, grow

Author

petergoods
petergoods

London, United Kingdom