The New Wave Darksider Punk date

The New Wave Darksider Punk date

A Story by Peter Joseph Swanson
"

an excerpt from PUNK MINNEAPOLIS

"

This excerpt from my published novel (paperback or Kindle) is censored for the internet:

 


“What do you play?” Raven asked.

“I play these Egyptian bells on a stick that are really spiritual. And why would I stand somewhere alone and shake my stick?”

“Oh. Like a tambourine or something?”

“That’s it!” Bunny Umber nodded. “But it’s bells on a stick. And I don’t think a tambourine is very spiritual. My bells are spiritual. Maybe they’re from India or China. Someplace spiritual. I found them at Reach Out. It’s a challenge to shoplift bells. You have to walk out real slow.”

“You’ll have to come over to my apartment and play them for me sometime.”

“Are you making a pass at me?”

He smiled. “Can I?”

Bunny Umber winked at him. “I haven’t decided yet. You are on the cute side and you’re no punker… sort of a new wave thing, and that’s soooo passé. There will be no new wave in the 90s.”

“Haven’t you ever heard of a darksider?”

“Oh. That’s what you are. I was trying to figure you out. I was wondering if you were in love with Michael Jackson and were trying to be the man in the mirror.”

“F### no!”

“Well at least you’re trying for something and you’re no f###’n yuppie f###er, either.”

“F### no!” Raven assured. “Just say it. I’m cool.”

“Do you like pain? Are you into S&M?”

“No! Are you?” Raven leaned away from her a little.

Sandra said about Raven, “He’s a wuss. He can’t even take Listerine.”

“No,” Bunny Umber told Raven. “I’m not into S&M, but I do like to see a man lick my boots.” She winked at him like she meant more. “What music do you listen to?”

“I have The Cure. Ministry. The Clash. Echo and the Bunnymen. Jesus and the Mary Chain. Tom Waits. Meat Whiplash. The Velvet Underground. Iggy Pop. The Wooden Tops. You know, all the cool stuff.”

“Do you have Skullf###?”

Raven shook his head. “Did they ever record?”

She asked, “Do you have that Sinead who sings like a chipmunk?”

“No. The chipmunk? That’s Madonna. And I don’t have her either. Of course. I’m not gay.”

“F### you! I love you! Okay, I’ll come over and see your records.”

Raven smiled and blushed. “I’ll have some beer for you when you come over.”

“Of course you will. And some more of this f###’n pizza. And could you be a dear and pick me up some cigarettes on your way home. I just won’t have time.”

“What kind?”

“American Spirit. How about loose leaf. A bag of that lasts a long time.”

Raven nodded. “Anything you want.”

“I’ll see if I can score some more shrooms on my way over. The stereo always sounds so much better when you’re tripping.”

“You know where to get shrooms?”

She put her finger to her lips and winked. “Bunny Umber has her ways.”

“Oh man, you are so cool!” He showed her his tattoo. “Ain’t it cool?”

“What is it?” Bunny Umber turned her head sideways. “A dumpster pickle?”

“It’s a raven! Groovy tunes!”

Bunny Umber smiled wickedly. “Remember to show me your dumpster pickle when I come over tonight.”

He smiled and blushed even more.

 

 

 

 

http://media-files.gather.com/images/d338/d730/d746/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg

 

 

Look at the fabulous blurb and reviews at Amazon:


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1600761682/ref=s9_simh_bw_p14_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_r=1N94PMMAPKSBFV0819RW&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1281580442&pf_rd_i=283155


 

© 2011 Peter Joseph Swanson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yes, there was American Spirit in the 80s, I rolled my own and used that brand.

Posted 13 Years Ago


VEry good, brings my high school days in very clearly...lol. All that music, one question though/ Where there American Spirit Cigarettes back then....there may have been but I thought those were a newer brand. Once again very clear and good dialogue and the interaction between characters is really good. may have to head to amazon and get this one...I like it.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 1, 2011
Last Updated on January 1, 2011

Author

Peter Joseph Swanson
Peter Joseph Swanson

Minneapolis, MN



About
I'm a fabulous published novelist! Woot! more..

Writing