Orange-Haired Boy Part 5

Orange-Haired Boy Part 5

A Story by Tim Piotrowicz
"

A boy sets out in adventure to find a way to change his hair color, but discovers what is really important in life.

"
#5 The march continued for hours without an end in sight. The sun set with only a half-moon to take its place, leaving the surrounding land in darkness and nothing but the long dirt path stretching on forever ahead of them. Several times the orange-haired boy felt himself falling asleep as they walked but when he almost tripped and fell and only stayed aright by chance he felt more awake. The other boys seemed not to notice the change from day to night, nor did they seem to notice much of anything. The whole time he had been with the company none of them mentioned a word of welcome and he saw that their eyes never moved from their glassy focus on the gruff leader in the front. The leader, that is the big man with the enormous clanking pack, didn't say much of anything either, aside from an occasional snarl or cough. The orange-haired boy did not like the feeling that the eternal quiet march gave him, that feeling like he was among a troop of unsuspecting animals being led to their death at the orders of a crazed chef.

(To Be Continued...)

© 2013 Tim Piotrowicz


Author's Note

Tim Piotrowicz
Part 5! Its been so long since I updated this story, but my laptop died and now I'm borrowing a friends :(

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
Added on June 24, 2013
Last Updated on August 31, 2013
Tags: Adventure

Author

Tim Piotrowicz
Tim Piotrowicz

NM



About
I enjoy exploring worlds that others create and I love to create worlds of my own. I am a young writer that has a rough past of trauma, fear, doctors, and medicines but is looking forward to a bright.. more..

Writing
2011 2011

A Poem by Tim Piotrowicz