Orange-Haired Boy Part 6

Orange-Haired Boy Part 6

A Story by Tim Piotrowicz
"

A boy sets out in adventure to find a way to change his hair color, but discovers what is really important in life.

"
#6 After walking for hours and hours through the night, the morning finally arrived and the rays of sun began to peek over the mountain ridges that bordered the countryside to the left of the small marching band of black-haired boys, one orange-haired boy, and the leader with a giant pack.
Our boy's legs were sore and his feet ached and still they marched onward without mention of food or rest from anyone.
At last he decided he must find an end and a meal or else he might die while marching as these other boys seemed to already have done. He left his place in the ranks and urged his legs to carry him in a swift jog to the front of the group where the gruff leader marched resolutely.
"E-excuse me sir..." The orange-haired boy had begun, but he was quickly silenced by the mean glare that the man shot at him.
"What is it now, boy?" He shot in question as meanly as his look. "Have you lost your spine for battle after only a single night of marching? My company will not tolerate deserters!"
Barely giving so much as a glance, the gruff man tossed a loaf of bread to the boy and continued his speech. "No...we wont have to worry about you leaving our group now, will we? You were meant for great things son, as is obvious by the color of your head.
Our boy's ears perked up at the mention of hair color. He still wanted to find out how to change his to hair to be the color white so he could smile and be happy like that dying man back home.
"No sir..." the gruff man continued. "We would be well on our way to a swift victory, if only all my lads had bright orange hair. As it is though, plain black-headed soldiers will have to do."
The boy munched away hungrily on the loaf of bread as he watched the road pass beneath his feet. He waited to hear more about what his hair color might have to do with his future, but when the gruff leader didn't say anything else for a long while the boy looked up only to see him squinting fiercely into the distance. He followed his gaze on down the road at something that was moving in the morning light. It was an old lady with white hair.

(To Be Continued...)

© 2013 Tim Piotrowicz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
Added on September 12, 2013
Last Updated on September 12, 2013

Author

Tim Piotrowicz
Tim Piotrowicz

NM



About
I enjoy exploring worlds that others create and I love to create worlds of my own. I am a young writer that has a rough past of trauma, fear, doctors, and medicines but is looking forward to a bright.. more..

Writing
2011 2011

A Poem by Tim Piotrowicz