the sacrifice

the sacrifice

A Story by kendric martin
"

very rough draft. It will be expanded upon, spell checked, fixed grammaticaly and given a proper title

"

Voice one: This is recording number one regarding case number 132. The interrogation that follows is official evidence  of the horrendous crimes that have taken place. Jonathan Dell is with me to confess details on his killings.I am doctor  

 

Stephen Tyne. May i call you John? is that okay with you?

John: Thats fine with me Doctor Tyne. Whatever you want is fine. {the tinkling of chains can be heard} Could you take these off though? my wrists are begginning to chafe.

 

Dr. tyne:Not just yet John.We will consider that as son as we determine wether you are a danger to me or yourself. Now, lets start at the beginning. in total you killed.... nine people?you were cought in the act of the tenth. What made you   want to kill these people in sucha  horrific manner?

John: I didnt want to. i had to. it was the only way. the only way to Bring Natalie back.

 

Dr. Tyne: natalie? i see here your wife died two years ago. How would killing all these people bring her back?

 

John: i didnt beleive it at first either. I read about it in this old book, see? It had all kinds of incantations for summoning demons and laying curses. I thought it was all a joke. Untill i tried one. It was just for fun, understand. I recited this  spell from the book that was supposed to bring success into my life.understand this. I did not tink it would work.The next day i go to work and hear my boss has died in the night. Nobody knew how. the coroners were  baffled.later, they poffered me his old position. i accepted of couse.

 

Dr. Tyne: And did you think this was, perhapse, a coincidence? People die unexpectedly all the time. Who is to say you caused it?

 

John: of course i thought that. I am neither crazy nor stupid. That was my first thought. so i tried it again. This time i was more cautious. I tried a smaller spell that is upposed to reverse aging. It worked to a small extent. I hade recently  been going premeturly grey due to stress and emotional traume. At least thats what the doctor said. The spell took all the grey away and even reversed some small wrinkles arround hte eyes. It took what lookes like five years  off!

 

Dr. Tyne: This is not unheard of either John. Perhapse a reduced stress level is the cause for this. Again, this could be coincidence.

 

john: Yeah. I thought so too.But then i noticed something else.A couple years back i had surgery on my right knee. Your records should have that in them. The surgery left a nasty scar. {a rustle of clothing is heard} As you can see, the  scar is long gone. That is when i began to beleive. There were a few other tests of no consequence. like i said, im not crazy. The outcome is that its all very real.

 

Dr Tyne: I see. But again, dont you think it could have...

 

John: IT WAS NOT A COINCIDNCE! { the sound of a chair being thrown is heard}

 

Dr. Tyne: John, calm Down! Gaurds?!
 {a struggle is heard}
 This was session one of case 132. This session will be continued after the patient has been calmed sufficiently.

 

CH 2

 

Dr. Tyne: How are we felling today John? Are we well rested?

 

John: Im Okay Doc.Slight headache though.

 

Dr. Tyne: Yes. an unfortunate side effect of the tranquilizer we were forced to use. I trust today will not be a repeat of yesterdays performance?

 

John: No. Im okay now. Sorry about that. I just dont like being called a liar. Or crazy. Im not crazy.

 

Dr Tyne: Nobody is saying you are crazy john.But you can understand my scepticism, im sure? Please though. Continue with your story. Tell me about how your findings lead to the nine murders you have confessed to. What led you to this  need to murder these people you did not even know?

 

John: There was this one spell. Way in the back. It had all kinds of warnings before the spell, warnings of the consequences and the toll that must be paid. By this point i didnt care. I knew they worked, so i began preparing. It called first  for a chalice of dogs blood. I didnt have a chalice, so i had to make due. The dog blood was easy. My neibor had a large wrotwreiller. Bit me a few times over the years. Always getting out and messing up my lawn. I didnt feel  bad about killing him. I tossed the body into a dumpster behind the mall.

 

Dr. tyne: So what was the dog blood supposed to be for? what did it signify in the ritual.

 

John: From what i read, it was suppoed to taint the souls of the sacrifices. A pure soul cant be used as exchanges without consent is what i gathered.

 

Dr. Tyne: This is all very unusual. What of the murders themselves? They didnt seem to be done in any particular way. usually, from what i understand, sacrifices are supposed to follow certain guidelines. From the reports, one was  stabbed multiple times, one was strangled, ones throat was slit and another was blugeoned.

 

John: I..... im sorry. Im feeling a little light headed. I dont like thinking about it.
 {several minutes pass}
 Im okay. Anyway, the book didnt specify how they had to be killed. Just as long as they were touched by the dog blood first.

 

Dr.  Tyne: You seem to have a strong aversion to talking about the murders directly. Why is that? Most serial killers take pride in their work.

 

john: I AM NOT A SERIAL KILLER! i did it because i had to. I never wanted to hurt anybody. I did it for Natalie. all of it was for her. I would tear through heaven and hell to ge ther back! I was so close> SO CLOSE! Jusat one more  and we would have been together again. I didnt come this far to just give up now.

 

Dr.Tyne: John? What are you doing? How did you get that Knife in here?
 {a loud crash is hear, followed by the breaking of glass}

 

Voice 3: Get down on the floor and put ypour hands on your head! i mean it! i will open fire.

 

John: No. im so close. So close! please let me finishe this. PLEASE!

 

Voice 3: I said get down! what is that in your hand? Drop it now. I SAID DROP IT!
 {a single gunshot is heard}
 We need a medic down here now! Dr yne has been stabbed and I was forced to shoot his patient. Hurry. I dont know how long the doctor has!
 {a short time later hurried footsteps are heard}

 

voice 4: We have to stop the bleeding. Im registering a gunshot wound two inches below the left clavicle. There seems to be abother wound in his abdomen. How many times was he shot, officer?

 

Voice 3: just once. He must have landed on something he was holding. If i didnt know any better, i would say it looked like a vial of blood.

 

Voice 5: Dr Tyne is dead. His femoral artery was seered and he bled out. Time of death approximately 2:28 pm

 

Voice 4: the patient is dead too. The bullet must have branched off and  hit his heart. The patient seems to have landed ona nd broken a small vial of foreign blood. To prevent spread of infection i suggest the body remain untouched untill a  forensics team arrives.

 

voice 3: the recoeder is still running. Some one turn that damned thing off.

 

Voice 5: okay. I got it. It probably recorded everyhting that hap{click}
  

END OF RECORDING

Johnathon Dell Was later buried in the Glen Cove Cemetary next to the grave of his late wife Natalie. The funeral had no guests, save for the preist and undertaker. If there had been more guests, they may have heard a peculier sound. as it was, the undertaker was listening to an MP3 player while burying John and heard nothing. If he had been listening he may have heard an odd scratching sound coming from the grave of Natalie Dell, less than two feet away. He would have heard the agonized screams coming from that direction. But he heard none of this. He merely buried john and went home for dinner. The screaming went on for quite some time before silencing forever.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

© 2014 kendric martin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

396 Views
Added on April 18, 2014
Last Updated on April 18, 2014
Tags: death, murder, ritual

Author

kendric martin
kendric martin

Shawnee, OK



About
My name is kendric martin. I have been published in two E-magazines, Blood Moon Rising #53 and Dark Moon Digest #13 and have had a story re-published in my schools annual writing anthology.I graduated.. more..

Writing