the big move

the big move

A Story by Leonie
"

This is a memoir that i wrote about the biggest change in my life so far

"


 It was probably the biggest thing that happened in my Life so far. It probably will be the most Life changing moment of my entire Life.

The Big Move

     The flight was booked; our belongings in a big container on an even bigger cargo ship and even our luggage was now being taken and loaded on the plane. I had flown in a plane before, just not this long. I was scared of losing my friends by going to another country, and I was scared to have no one understand me in America.

     Since I was carrying my Saxophone with me, and my brother his guitar the security guard who checked our carry-on items said to my mom: “What do you play, the spiral notebook” my mom laughed, because she really did have a lot of spiral notebooks in her bag. My mom and my dad were the only two people who really visited our new home; I had just seen some pictures.  The pictures I had seen were of a nice neighborhood, a fountain (which I later realized was the one at the lake Carolina entrance.), although I liked the pictures, it was different from where I was living right now.

      It was only a short while after we were in the Terminal waiting that I realized what this meant. Not only would I be able to speak English fluently but I had the opportunity to experience another culture and country. I hadn’t always been excited to move to America, but I always wanted to try something different.

    “Passengers seated in First Class or Business class please board”, well that was us. I couldn’t wait to arrive, but I had troubles leaving my friends in Germany, I didn’t even know when or where I would be moving back to after three years. It was all pretty scary at first, but I gradually became more excited for the arrival. “We are now preparing for landing” the pilot announced only 30 more minutes.

       When I had looked out the window and viewed the landscape, I could only see gray and brown spots of land that didn’t really look exciting. I hoped that it would be Greener in the Spring because it was only January, but I wasn’t sure and how could I be I had never seen this place before

      “Tssch”, the door of the airplane finally opened and I stepped out. “Man it’s hot here” were the first words I said. To me it really was hot compared to the German climate. At the time, I was so excited to see our new house I was disappointed when I saw the hotel. “We’re staying at a hotel? I asked disappointed “well, we’ll see the house tomorrow honey”. The first night I was the only one up till after 8 o’clock, I was writing e-mails to my friends and I could hardly sleep that night.

        The next morning we saw the new house I remember that the first thing we did was go to Publix to get a sandwich. It was funny because the lady put a lot of meat on it which all of us weren’t used to. My first day of school in America was on jan.11th 2007. I still think about my friends in Germany a lot, but I know that we will go back someday and until then I have friends here, too. I feel like this has all been an adventure, and a once in a life time opportunity for me and my family.

© 2009 Leonie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
Added on November 24, 2009

Author

Leonie
Leonie

Columbia, SC



About
Im a girl, i'm 13 years old and i read alot of books. So i decided that wrting my own stories would be just the right thing for me. I enjoy fiction stories, but i also write in a journal which has son.. more..

Writing