"Fairy"

"Fairy"

A Story by P Q Glisson
"

Introverted geeky guy meets unusual girl. She has vision of impending danger at the school. Together they desperately seek to uncover the identity of the person with his finger on the trigger.

"

CHAPTER 1

 

 

 

 

Justin Ramsey was bored. Forced to sit in class and listen to the monotone voice of his math teacher (and he used the word teacher loosely) Mr. Warren.  Doodling in the margins of his text book, he kept glancing at the black and white, wire faced clock above the teacher’s head. He didn’t know why he was obsessed with the second hand as it crept past the numbers as though in slow motion. What did he have to look forward to? Another hour of class he would have to endure? It was, after all, only first period and he had five more to go. But, oh joy, there was always lunch, with the overly crowded, cacophony of teenagers trying to talk over each other. And let’s not forget the jocks, who never broke tradition. Everyday it was the same. He would be sitting at his usual table (the one closest to the wall in the farthest corner of the cafeteria) when he would look up into a large muscular chest draped in purple and gold. “Hey loser,” the names changed daily. Loser, dickwad, d****e nozzle, fairy, homo, “whatcha eatin? Did your mommy pack you a bag lunch?” No matter how many times he heard it, it never failed to make him flinch. “Oh, I’m sorry, you don’t have a mommy do you? Cause you killed her.” And then they would laugh like it was the funniest clip on youtube and walk away, high fiving each other. Sometimes, they would even take his lunch and dump it on the floor, stomping the sandwich into smithereens. Oh Yeah, he couldn’t wait.

 

Then she walked in and suddenly he wasn’t so bored anymore. The girl was quite unusual looking to say the least. The first thing he noticed was her eyes. They were green. Not the eye color green but green like the bright green furry moss that grew on the bottom of the trunks of the trees in the midst of the forest. And she was pale. A mental picture popped into his head of the teen vampire movies that were so popular. He clapped his hand over his mouth to keep from snickering. Wouldn’t it be great if she were a vampire? It would certainly “liven” things up a bit. He had to bury his head behind his text book to keep from laughing out loud at his personal joke. What was wrong with him? Why did just looking into her eyes make him feel lightheaded, dizzy? He concentrated on the page number. He couldn’t risk looking into those strange eyes again. He didn’t want to end up rolling on the floor. For the first time since class started, he listened to Mr. Warren. “Class, this is Sienna Woods, she is our new student.” He motioned for her to find a seat. Justin continued to hide behind his book, but glanced up over the top of his stylish black framed glasses when he felt her walk straight toward him……and was sorry he did. From a distance, her eyes were unusual…..up close, they were devastating. It was disconcerting to look into their swirling depths. He felt the dizziness overtake him again. She seemed to sense the effect she had and cast her eyes down shyly, “Is it okay if I sit here?” She motioned to the seat directly to his right. Her voice rang in his ears and sent tiny little shivers down his spine. It was like the time his Aunt May had taken him to hear a classical music concert in the park, and he’d heard the melodious sound of the harp.  He opened his mouth to answer but nothing came out. He clamped his jaw shut, waved and shrugged. He cut his eyes and noticed she wore sparkly gold, flat ballet slippers on her very small feet, which brought his eyes to her slim ankles. His eyes seemed to have a mind of their own as they traveled up her long thin legs to the hem of her short jean skirt. He looked away, his face flushing. Unable to contain his curiosity, he slowly turned his head, chancing a look at her profile. Her head was buried in the large cloth handbag as she rummaged around, her hair obstructing his view. Her hair, it was sort of a let down compared to her bright green eyes. Thick straight shoulder length, nothing unusual about it, but the color, the color was exceptionally…….bland. It was black, just a flat boring black. There were no highlights, no shimmer. It seemed to absorb the light rather than reflecting it. Humph. He looked around. Satisfied that no one had noticed him ogling the new student, he chanced another look. Her long slim arms were covered to her wrists by a pink skin tight tee shirt. She wore a sparkly pink, green and white shirt over the tee made from some kind of gauzy material. Everything about her was shiny…..except for her hair. He was so mesmerized by the golden threads that he jumped when she addressed him. “Hi.”

 

His eyes jerked up to hers just as his pencil clattered to the floor. He bent to pick it up…..so did she. “Ow!” they said in unison as their heads collided. Justin heard ringing in his ears then realized that the ringing was the bell to end class.

 

“Sorry,” she exclaimed as she scrambled to put her things in order. “I have to get to my next class and I don’t know where Miss Gates class is, do you?” She laughed nervously, “Of course you do. That was a silly question.” He was hypnotized by the sound of her voice. She was looking at him kinda funny and he realized that he hadn’t spoken to her at all. Shaking his head to clear it, he managed to croak, “Yeah.” He gathered his books and looked into her swirling eyes, “I have her class next period too.” He looked down as he felt his face redden.

 

“Do you think I could walk with you?” He lifted his eyes to her mouth. Just like everything else about her, it was small, but her lips were full and he wondered what they would feel like pressed to his own. Where did that come from? He felt his face redden.

 

“Sure”, was all he could manage. He couldn’t take the chance of his voice cracking, furthering his humiliation, but she obviously wanted to talk as they walked down the hall.

 

“What’s your name?” she inquired. It was a simple question but he felt the little shivers running down his spine again and now that she was walking next to him, he caught a whiff of her scent. It was earthy and woodsy, like some exotic essence. He felt dizzy again. ‘If this keeps up, I’ll have to start taking Dramamine.’

“Oh, Justin. Justin Ramsey.” He murmured as they reached the classroom door.

 

“Nice to meet you Justin Ramsey,” she sang as she walked through the door.

 

“you too,” he whispered, the corners of his mouth curling up as he watched her super long legs move ahead of him. That was funny. Her legs seemed unusually long but her head had barely come up to his shoulder. He wasn’t especially tall, about five eight, so she couldn’t be more than five three or four. Justin came to the conclusion there was nothing common about Sienna Woods.

 

© 2010 P Q Glisson


Author's Note

P Q Glisson
Not sure if I will keep the Title the same but it'll do for now. There are no indentions in the book. That was done on purpose. Just wanted to format it differently.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

157 Views
Added on March 9, 2010
Last Updated on March 9, 2010

Author

P Q Glisson
P Q Glisson

Springfield, GA



About
I am a 50 year old mom who has been married for 28 years. Up until May 2008 I worked my entire adult life but due to the economy, I have discovered writing. I have finished writing my very first novel.. more..

Writing
WTF? WTF?

A Poem by P Q Glisson


The List The List

A Story by P Q Glisson