NOTICE! Please...

NOTICE! Please...

A Story by Picture of Poetry
"

A simple story about a high school girl with a high school crush, but will this crush work out, or will it only end up crushing her...?

"

 

 I slowly walked back to my seat, when suddenly I felt something on my feet, and the next thing I knew I was lying face down on the floor.

 

 

I awoke to a loud beeping from my alarm, though, instead of smacking the clock and making it fall to the floor and bowing at my feet, I lightly tapped it and stopped the beeping. Oh, how I anticipated this day. I would make him notice me today at school. He would finally know who I was! Oh, just thinking about it made my heart thump and flutter as if it were a butterfly floating on the summer breeze with out a care in the world.

I turned on the lights and looked in the mirror, only to see a girl with messy hair and yellow-spotted pajama’s. I walked over to the closet with fear, fear of wondering what to wear. I twisted the knob and opened the door and began throwing shirts and jeans out and onto the floor in disgust. I was saying things in my head such as, Ewe! No way! I wouldn’t be caught dead in that! No, no, no! And finally, my eyes widened with happiness for I knew I had found the Holy Grail of all outfits. It was a brand new short-sleeved top that complemented my figure and a pair of dark denim blue jean I had worn only once before.

I quickly threw on the outfit and went into the bathroom. I grabbed my comb and brushed out my hair as straight and neat as possible. I grabbed my make-up kit and put on a little bit of my favorite cherry-locos lip gloss, mascara, eye shadow, and Japanese Cherry Blossom perfume. I was perfect. Before yelling at my mom to take me school, I took one more peek at myself in the mirror and smiled.

As my mom approached the front of the school, my heart thumped more and more. I felt as though it were going to leap out of my chest. I hopped out of the car, said good-bye to my mom and hastily walked towards the cafeteria. As I sat in the cafeteria waiting for the bell to ring, I found myself tapping my fingers on the table loudly and thinking about him and what he might do in class. I wonder if he will talk to me in class today. What if he doesn’t? What if he just sits there, and ignores me? But what about my perfect outfit, and hair, and make-up and all? These questions raced through my brain and it seemed as though each question that popped up was more "ify" than the previous.

The bell had finally rung. I let out a huge puff of air and ran to my locker. Twist, twist 7, twist 24, twist, twist 10, I said in my head. I flung the door open so hard that it hit another locker and made a loud bang. I threw two notebooks, a folder, and a textbook in, and grabbed a paper due, a library book overdue, and a pencil. I steadily walked down the hallway dodging left and right though teenagers tall and short constantly saying things like, Excuse me! Comin’ though! Little person tryin’ to get to class! And the occasion, Sorry! for when I would run into someone.

Finally, I could see my classroom. I stopped outside the door to catch my breath and I calmly walked in taking graceful steps to my seat. I sat down in the far corner to the left in the front of the room. There he was, TJ Brache. He was the cutest boy in class. He was tall, around 5’9" and had short blond hair. He was quiet, but only when he wanted to be. He was wearing dark jeans and his "Jimmy Hendrix" t-shirt, that you could see when he wasn’t wearing his black jacket. The bell rang once again, as if it were the teacher telling everyone to get in their seat and hush up.

Ms. Jonson walked in and began writing our math warm up on the board. TJ was the only reason I wanted or even cared about getting to this class. I began working out the problem, but my mind always wondered from the path of trigonometry to the path of TJ.

As I finished the problem, a voice broke my concentration. "Mae Calce, come to the board and answer the warm up, please." Ms. Jonson said in a nice, but spooky way. She always sounded kind of weird when she talked, because she sings opera.

"Yes Ms. Jonson." I answered in a shaky tone. I never liked to answer problems on the board, in fear that my answer would be so far off and wrong, that the class would torture me with their hideous, wild, hyena laughter. I stood up, took my paper and walked towards the board. I grabbed a black marker and began writing my answer. I put the marker down, and faced Ms. Jonson, and asked, "Is my answer right?"

"Mmmm." She said. My heart was pounding and I could feel the blood rushing through my veins. "Yes, yes I do believe you are right Mae. Nice work. Now see, 10th grade math isn’t hard once you know the steps to doing the problems." Though I tried to keep it hidden, a rather large smile appeared on my face, and my eyes glanced across the room and suddenly stopped on TJ. When they met him, my smile slowly faced. TJ had his head down and was doodling on his paper. With sadness filling my head, I slowly walked back to my seat, when suddenly I felt something on my feet, and the next thing I knew I was lying face down on the floor.

I had tripped, but not on accident, a mean boy, named Jacob had tripped me with his foot. The whole class was laughing at me. I stood up, and just as I was about to start crying I looked at the class, but while everyone was laughing, TJ was not. Yes, he was looking at me, but with no expression other than pity. He felt bad for me. My heart grew warm. I fixed my shirt and walked over to my seat.

"Quiet class!" Ms. Jonson shouted. She walked over towards me. "Are you OK Mae? Did you trip on something or loose a step? What happened?" she asked. I looked over at Jacob and gave him an evil and angry look.

I thought that I had already caused enough trouble already so all I said was, "No. I just lost a step or something. I have always been a bit clumsy. I am sorry. It will not happen again."

"Oh, no, Mae. You are fine. As long as you are not hurt or anything." she said.

She began to hand out some worksheets that we were supposed to do with a partner. She also said that she would be the one to choose partners. In her class, when said that she would choose partners, it meant, she would pull two names out of an old and used butter container, and the container would be so old and used, that the name of what type of butter it was would be worn off. "Kate, and Matt. Jacob and T…" and as soon as the "t" sound came out of her mouth I knew he would say TJ and I felt like climbing under a rock. "…Jacob and Tyler." YES! I shouted in my head.

Finally, there were four people left, Tiffany, TJ, Duke, and me. What were the odds going to be that I would be put with TJ. I will probably be stuck with either Tiffany or Duke, and everyone knows if they end up as your partner, you end up with all of the work, I though in my head. "Duke, and…" It seemed as though she stretched that "and" out forever. "…and Tiffany." I was two seconds from fainting. I was finally put with TJ. I sat at my desk and TJ, with know expression on his face, walked over to my desk. He pulled up a chair and sat in front of me.

Suddenly, day dreams of us having dinner together were dance in my brain.

"So, looks like we are partners." He said softly.

"Yes, looks like it." I said, tiring not to hint my crush in my voice.

"So, are you OK, I mean you fell pretty hard? That Jacob, he is so mean and immature."

"Um, yeah. I am fine. Yeah, Jacob can be mean and immature at times. So, you always seem quiet and shy in class, but out of class you are like, BAM!, energized and loud, if you don’t mind me saying."

"Hah, hah. Yeah, well," and a smile appeared. "…I am like that. If I am quiet in class I can get things in my brain and keep ‘em there. So, do you want to do the first page, and I can do the second page and we can go over answers after that?" He asked politely.

"Yeah, sure." The next thing I new, we were both working together on my desk doing stupid trigonometry work.

I looked at the clock. We had seven minutes till the bell was going to ring, and as I looked back down at my worksheet, TJ lifted his head and stared at the clock.

He looked at me with his deep, passionate, blue eyes and said, "Class is almost over. Do you want to swap answers at lunch? I’ll give you my paper, and you can give me yours."

"Yeah, that sounds good." Ding! Ding! Ding! The bell rang and I almost tripped trying to get out the door. I knew I had to tell Becca, my all time best friend, everything that had just happened. We were like sisters.

I threw open the door to the band room and quickly walked over to Becca jumping up and down screaming silently. "OH MY GOD! You will never believe what happened." I shouted.

"What! What! Tell me!" She said. And I explained the entire story to her word for word of how it all happened, from me tripping to TJ and me agreeing to swap answers at lunch. She gave me a giant hug and high-five and said, "Congratulations girl! Ahhhhhhh! He is hot isn’t he! Ha, ha, ha, ha!"

"Duh!" I shouted.

When lunch finally came, I almost fainted dead away. I walked with my paper and lunch money to the cafeteria. I sat at a large round empty table and watched as the cafeteria began to flood with the sound of shuffling feet and gossip of the high school student body. I looked around hunting with my eyes for TJ. There he was. I waved at him and he waved back. I felt so happy, and light as a feather at the same time, as thought that any second I would start floating in mid air. I sat there waiting. I was suddenly spooked. I felt a large warm hand on my shoulder. I gasped and TJ sat next to me. "It’s fine. It’s only me! Ha, ha, ha. Here is my paper," he said handing it to me.

"And here is yours." I said handing mine to him. He took my paper, and I took his. He walked back to his table and sat down. My friends all came and sat down with me. I was so happy.

The next day, we both sat next to each other in math and studied together. I had finally gotten him to notice me! Finally after all of that work and effort he noticed me and we are friends. So, I guess what they ay is true, Just be you, and work hard at things and everything will turn out good.

 

 

 

© 2008 Picture of Poetry


Author's Note

Picture of Poetry
Hey, thank you for reading, and please, please, please leave a reveiw full of feed back. Tell me what you thought, if it had a good flow, you know, the usual stuff. Thank you again. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A really sweet story of schoolgirl dreams. It fits the image of what a schoolgirl might write about an unrequieted love. But you might want to go back over it and do a spell check.
Love/Liz/angelinmypocket

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
1 Review
Added on October 15, 2008
Last Updated on October 15, 2008

Author

Picture of Poetry
Picture of Poetry

Atlanta,, GA



About
My name is Jessica, but my friends call me Jess. I'm ___ years old. I love writing and reading as much poetry and famous literature as possible during my spare time. Basically, all day, every day is.. more..

Writing