Afternoon Kisses

Afternoon Kisses

A Story by Grayson

It's quiet as we walk. Small talk here and there, a few giggles and playful jokes. It's not raining anymore, but the air still smells wet and feels heavy. Sometimes our hands brush and sometimes our fingers intertwine, but there's no pressure to keep that contact longer than a few seconds. I like the way her knuckles feel under my fingertips.

We trip on cracks in the sidewalk and jump over puddles. I glance up at her as often as I can (when she's not looking, of course), admiring the way her dark braids fall on her shoulders and how she walks like she has everything figured out. I laugh when she takes my hat and puts it on herself; it looks better on her anyway. She stops behind me after a few minutes, and I half-turn on my heel. She's grinning at me like a cat, coy and lazy.

I smile back, puzzled but happy, and then she grabs my hand and pulls me close. I almost trip and land in a puddle, but instead I see her closed eyes and long eyelashes and then our lips are touching. She tastes like smoke and I wonder if this is what love feels like. It's the longest kiss we've had, one second, two, two-and-a-half. But it's still too short. We're both smiling when the kiss breaks and then we settle back into a comfortable silence.

© 2016 Grayson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, I loved this. A true Intimate short story...

Posted 8 Years Ago


awww!!! this was sweet... innocent and passionate.... the shortness and simplicity of the story gave it more meaning....well done... a well thought out piece.... full ratings....

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Grayson

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much! :)
Inject Positivity

8 Years Ago

welcome dear authoress.....

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 12, 2016
Last Updated on March 12, 2016
Tags: love, romance, kissing, rainy day

Author

Grayson
Grayson

About
grayson 💚 pansexual 💚 libra cats, coffee and comic books. more..