On Horizon

On Horizon

A Story by piercefulkerson

I took a walk today , out upon the dust and drought ridden plains that I had known all of my life.  I walked for miles , staring at the mountains ahead . All my life I felt like I could grab them , hold them in my hands and dissect them like some kind of biotic specimen . the truth was they were far away , and larger than any man could bear; my jaded mind led the confident yet weary body that seemed abstract across the nothingness that surrounded  . Suddenly It came . I saw silver , heard engines as glorious as god's voice . I saw the tracks , then the train . It was more magnificent then I would ever know , gleaming with silver and gold , black mahogany lining the walls of the fortunate . Impulse hit , I was running , thinking if the mountains yet to come . I knew that the train would not slow down . I knew that I could not catch up , but I would sooner be crushed by the weight of that train than miss out on a chance of the snow capped wonders I had dreamed of since consciousness was given to my now degraded soul. 

© 2013 piercefulkerson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on January 21, 2013
Last Updated on January 21, 2013

Author

piercefulkerson
piercefulkerson

Wimberley, TX



About
hello , its nice to introduce myself, it seems vague that you could come to understand me from a simple article on a site on the ever expansive internet we as people have come to know and mostly love.. more..

Writing