Aubergine Skies and Unforgiving Cosmos

Aubergine Skies and Unforgiving Cosmos

A Poem by Rc R. Vagilidad
"

A prologue to Sapphire Dolphins and Aubergine Skies (Of Lost Legends) of Maxinne Sentina.

"

 

“Only in dreams this Kingdom will be sunken again”.



 

He held her hands - a hologram reflected from the mirror of the crystalline of the depths. A cold, eerie reminiscing, he was again alone to reign from chaos and despair. The cold image dissipated; a translucent beam of light from the Aubergine skies, where the sapphire dolphins thrived in succour.


 

The songs she sang for years became his dungeon, a stronghold that no man, or any creature from the skies can put into rubbles. For eons, their love created Atlantis to be the echoing solace of other Kingdoms from the Far East. Waves became walls of Atlantis, conjured by the fragments of the songs of the Sea Nymph. Impenetrable, indestructible, unsinkable. Only the good hearted creatures can pass through the walls of Atlantis.



The miracle of their love was seen as the most revered in the history of Oceania. But their providence will never last. They were tested by the Gods for no kingdom will stand alone forever - this will destroy the harmony of good and evil in the World. The Gods reassured that the curse of Oceania will be broken.

The Sea Nymph can only sing songs when his love is true. And her songs are his tempest, his strength. Many times the God withdrawn from attempts of destruction of Atlantis. As their love for each other grew stronger, so as the songs she sang became impermeable.



Then, it came to pass the resounding, inevitable downfall.



Black murky waters of undefiled creatures of the fallen stars, from the cosmos of thundering skies and a sea witch, sent by the Gods, penetrated the walls of Atlantis. In this moment, the King was in a stance with his army of water soldiers. The sea witch bewildered the king by the fragments of the songs of the Queen. The king was undermined.



As the Sea Nymph heard the outcry of her people, she swam to rescue her King who is being dragged by a sea witch into incapacitation. Suddenly, her heart was pierced by the arrow of the sea witch... She was rendered voiceless.



She was given two choices - lose her songs and the walls of Atlantis be weakened or lose her life and leave the fragments of her songs, permitting a forever impervious Wave of walls for Atlantis, only Gods can destroy. She was left with no choice. Her love for his King is the only strength of the Lost Kingdom they rebuilt and fought for.

 

She bequeathed her life to the Unforgiving Cosmos to preserve the once fallen Empire. She did not hold back with her promise to keep the miracle of love that cadenced throughout eons. The sea witch transformed into one of the Gods, enveloped by the black waters and a thundering clasps of lightning, they disappeared to the stars.



The songs can be heard forever, echoing through centuries, swearing to protect Atlantis. And queenless king in a risen Kingdom of sapphire dolphins and creatures from the three Oceans, he too swore to protect the Kingdom with his life.

 

 

© 2020 Rc R. Vagilidad


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on August 15, 2020
Last Updated on August 15, 2020

Author

Rc R. Vagilidad
Rc R. Vagilidad

Avenida Quezon Street Sibalom, Antique, Western Visayas, Philippines



About
THIS IS MY ARTWORK. Come see me at Facebook. Favorite Quotation: "If you can't have sex, get a good massage. The endorphins will do the work, but please go for the massage." It's been 21 ye.. more..

Writing