Defense Strategies For Fighting a DUI Conviction

Defense Strategies For Fighting a DUI Conviction

A Story by Steven Pisani
"

For some actions, there are consequences that might affect a person’s life in a permanent manner. Take a look at the consequences of a DUI conviction.

"

For some actions, there are consequences that might affect a person’s life in a permanent manner. Some of the consequences of a DUI conviction include heavy fines, a mandatory arrest, incarceration You may be required to attend alcohol education programs, increased insurance rates, supervised or non supervised probation along with its charges, revocated or suspended license, points on the driving record, payment of other fees and costs, including compensating the victim, among others.

 

When charged with a DUI conviction, the first thing defendant should do is to write down all possible details about the arrest, for example, the weather and traffic conditions at the time, the surrounding area, the speed at which you were driving, the dress of the cop who stopped you, etc. This is important due to the fact that we tend to forget things that we just make a mental note of. Next, make sure you gather all possible documents that would be relevant to you for your case, including your cell phone records, restaurant receipts, credit card receipts from the shop you purchased alcohol. Keep them in a safe place.

 

At the time of your hearing, you should ideally request for the presence of both the stopping officer as well the arresting officer. And most importantly, contact a DUI defense attorney, one that you can trust and specializes in dealing with DUI cases. 


The most important thing you should always remember is to not sign or give out any official statements or give answers to any officers without consulting your defense attorney or in his absence. Doing so could make situations worse for you.

 

Another thing you should stay clear of is to not talk or try to convince any of the prosecutors as that is sure to invite further trouble for you.

 

Advice comes for free and that too in abundance. More so, the kind that might make things bad, if not even improve. If there’s one certain thing you should stay far from, then that would be the advice of your friends, relatives, colleagues, etc. The precious advice of an experienced attorney cannot be matched with any other.

 

Further, never resist your arrest. That will lead you no where, but only result in further trouble. Wondering how just a simple resist could invite more trouble? Let me tell you that resisting an arrest in such a case is considered a separate charge in itself. So, unless you want to be convicted with more charges on you, you should not do so.

© 2018 Steven Pisani


Author's Note

Steven Pisani
The Author is a DUI defense attorney in Colorado, offering complete legal assistance to protect client’s rights and interests.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on July 11, 2018
Last Updated on July 11, 2018
Tags: DUI defense attorney

Author

Steven Pisani
Steven Pisani

Denver, CO



About
Denver Criminal Defense Attorney Steven J. Pisani specializing in criminal defense, domestic violence defense, DUI defense, Colorado traffic tickets, Drunk Driving, juvenile criminal defense, shoplift.. more..

Writing