scars of a broken heart

scars of a broken heart

A Poem by Pitching Princess

I love him.

 I cant say it but i can feel it.

 But I feel something else too.

Fear.

Ive felt love before, which is why I can recognize it now.

 But this time is different.

 This time my heart has put up a guard demanding my brain to forget about love.

For there is no point.

 But isnt there?

 Im torn.

 Im damaged.

 And when I see the one who damaged me, my heart forgives him.

 But my heart can never forgive itself.

My heart cannot allow itself, allow myself, to be that vulnerable again.

Its not fair for me not to let myself love him the way he loves me, the way he deserves to be loved.

I want him to be the one to fix my heart, to let me love again.

But once a heart is damaged, can it ever be fixed?

© 2012 Pitching Princess


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Not going to lie, I kind of wanted to cry when I read this. This is so real and it strikes the core of what it means to have love run you in circles and having nothing go down the right path. I don't really know what to say because the first thing that comes to mind is to hand out comfort or pity but that's irritating after awhile. I think that this is by far the best poem you have written, and the structure of the poem adds alot of context and depth. It also highlights alot of key themes and I loved this. Like really wow. I just loved this poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
1 Review
Added on September 10, 2012
Last Updated on September 10, 2012

Author

Pitching Princess
Pitching Princess

About
"If you ever feel like giving up just remember theres a little girl watching who wants to be just like you dont disappoint her" more..

Writing