the usual

the usual

A Poem by Kelly

I've already hit the floor, but it feels like I'm still falling. I lay in the corner like the pile of clothes that you never seem to pay mind to. Silently weeping still, and I'm sure my tears will continue to soak the carpet bare and provide you with another reason to raise your voice and your hand at me. I catch myself wishing I was as small as you make me feel so I could hide in this very room and you would never be able to find me. Footsteps grow louder, more imposing, and the door creaks open. I smell your American Spirits and vanilla cologne. I want to hug you but my lungs are empty and I tremble. At once, you pick me up off the floor and you swing me onto the bed. It's both thrilling and utterly terrifying. A soft kiss and an apology have the power to make me melt in your arms. I pray that tomorrow night will not be the same as tonight or the night before. You are forgiven because bruises heal and scars fade. I will sleep in the crook of your neck; you will always be my home.

© 2013 Kelly


Author's Note

Kelly
Photo does not belong to me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A different take at this read...all that matters is the unconditional...and all is healed...but I would separate this into stanzas to give a better read to the reader...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kelly

9 Years Ago

I will do so, thank you so much for your input!
Glen Yumang Manese

9 Years Ago

you're welcome...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1486 Views
1 Review
Added on January 25, 2013
Last Updated on February 3, 2013
Tags: relationship, love, abuse, pain, trapped, stream of consciousness

Author

Kelly
Kelly

CA



About
I write hooks and poetry. I am the product of the choices I've made, places I've been, and the people I've met. more..

Writing
dfghjk dfghjk

A Poem by Kelly


kiss kiss

A Poem by Kelly


Aokigahara Aokigahara

A Poem by Kelly