LOVE ENDS

LOVE ENDS

A Story by piyaB

A boy is partying there, happily!

A girl is lying here, lonely.

The boy loved her once, but now doesn't.

The girl rejected him once, but now loves him more than her life.

The boy is Neeraj.

The girl is Pimmi.

The story had started years ago...

2nd MAY, 2007:

     It was 5:30 pm on a Wednesday. Neeraj first saw Pimmi. They both had joined their new English tuition under M.B. sir. It was a lot of fun there. The teacher was too good in his field. And the new batch had already been found very intelligent as well as fun loving. All the students started enjoying the rocking 1:30 hours each Wednesday. And very unknowingly, Neeraj started to wait for that special day to come every week. The reason was not even known to himself.

26th SEPTEMBER, 2007:

    Pimmi was waiting in front of a park. She was so much excited to meet Rishi, her boyfriend. It was their first meeting after two years. Yes, Pimmi & Rishi were in love with each other for last two years but never met before. They always used to get connected over phone. And at last, avoiding many difficulties, Pimmi managed to meet her love. She belonged to a very restricted family and so, it was the toughest task for her to hang out with a boy, without letting anyone be aware of it. But today she succeeded. Rishi came. They saw each other to their hearts' content. And Pimmi got surprised to notice that she had nothing to speak to! They just sat beneath a tree in the park wondering in their minds about their silly movements. They were crazily in love with each other but it was just expressed through their cute smiles. They could do nothing special. But the moment was special in itself. Two sweet lovers with pure and fresh mind and their teen-age, innocent love was being reflected in their eyes. What else?

26th SEPTEMBER, 2007:

    Neeraj came to the coaching class earlier that day. He just couldn't help it. Each Wednesday had already been essential to him. He used to spend the other 6 days in a quite discomfort. But when he returned home on the Wednesdays, an untouched satisfaction and joy started chasing him and helped him wait eagerly for the next Wednesday to arrive. Firstly, he could not recognize the cause of this unusual and peculiar feeling. But now he was quite habituated to it and knew the reason as well. He had fallen for Pimmi. He was in love for the first time...

     Pimmi didn't know about all these things. Even Neeraj didn't want to let her know about his soft feelings for her so quickly. They had become very good friends and Neeraj was very afraid of losing the friendship. He kept enjoying Pimmi's company, her talks, laughter, and the friendly approaches. Today she seemed a little more jolly. Her happiness brightened her glow on the face. Neeraj tried hard to  keep his gaze aside but failed. Pimmi made him completely mad with her cute face and innocent smile. She was looking too beautiful!

25th JUNE, 2008:

    Today is Neeraj's birthday. Pimmi knew it. But didn't wish him. Neeraj was craving for Pimmi; he wanted her to wish him once. But Pimmi forgot. Neeraj's day was incomplete, sad. He silently cried for her. But why? What was the big deal if Pimmi didn't wish Neeraj on his birthday? What was he expecting from her? After all, they were 'just' good friends, at least Pimmi thought so. If Neeraj didn't let her know what he felt for her, what could Pimmi do? It was the only consolation Neeraj could calmed himself with. He went to sleep with a heavy heart at the end of the day.

26th JUNE, 2008:

    The day was very special for Pimmi. She couldn't sleep for a minute last night. All the time her fingers were crossed and she was continuously hoping for everything to be done smoothly. Actually she was going to bunk her school for the first time and didn't want any obstacle. Rishi would be waiting for her...

   

    At last Pimmi was married. She and Rishi went to a temple for their wedding. Pandit ji helped them get married by chanting some mantras. Nobody could know about the event except some of Rishi's friends and family. Pimmi was on the ninth cloud. But couldn't imagine about its after effect. She went home back with a terrible possibility of separation, unknowingly, but with a dream to come back to Rishi very soon...

30th JUNE, 2008:

    Neeraj came to know about Pimmi's newly married life. Rishi's sister had flashed the news. At a sudden moment, Neeraj's life seemed to be at stake. He almost had lost everything. His first love ended before starting. But he never gave up hope. He had a bold trust on his love that Pimmi would be his one day. He decided to propose to her.

1st FEBRUARY, 2009:

    It was the last day in the coaching class. Their final exam would be held in 20 days and Neeraj had to bid everyone goodbye forever. His father had been transferred somewhere else. So, that very day Neeraj had to do something. He never wanted to go back defeated. What he had felt for Pimmi for the last two years was definitely to be exposed before everyone. He proposed to Pimmi in front of the whole batch. Pimmi was shocked! But she steadily could reject him with a fair excuse. She let him know, as expected, that she loved someone else. Neeraj stood up, and went out of the room forever. He left the city after a month.

 

    But neither Neeraj could forget Pimmi nor she herself. Their friendship was intact and unchanged. The long distance friendship never made them feel to be far away from each other. In fact, Neeraj was now Pimmi's best friend. Pimmi's life was like an open page of an open book to him. And Neeraj? He knew that Pimmi would never come back to him, but he still was waiting for her...

 

    Rishi and pimmi's relationship was not going well. Neeraj knew that. Pimmi often used to cry for him. Rishi was not treating her good. He was too much possessive about Pimmi. He often prevented her from what she wanted to do. Pimmi still was under her parents' control. But Rishi became a stubborn and self-willed husband more than a friendly boyfriend. He almost had snatched her freedom. She never could think herself without Rishi. That intense love helped her adjust with him to the maximum extent. But Pimmi failed to control the situation. She couldn't understand Rishi, whom she used to love so deeply, whom she thought unlike others, whom she had committed a mistake to know properly, whom she married...

    Rishi's rude and furious behaviour was just intolerable for Pimmi. Her world was incomplete without him but she couldn't put up with that incurable situation. She respected her love so much. But she could realise that if the relation would go on like this for long time, her love would turn into hatred. She never wanted to let it happen. So she decided to be separated. She let Rishi go away from her life, forever.

    The circumstances were not so easy for Pimmi to recover. Very obviously, she went into a deep depression. She started missing Rishi badly. She had lost the will to live. Her career was affected. Her life became monotonous, mechanic. She forgot to smile, she forgot to talk. She cried for nights...

 

    Pimmi needed someone in her life as a support. She wanted to lessen her grief by sharing it with someone. She was craving for a true friend. But she couldn't select her mom to be that person. Suddenly Neeraj came into her mind. Oh yes! She hadn't phoned him for a long time...

    Neeraj was always there for Pimmi. He tried his best to make Pimmi happy again. Pimmi meant everything to him. Neeraj never could see her sad. So he did all those things for which Pimmi could forget Rishi. Gradually, Pimmi recovered. She started liking him more than before. Neeraj promoted to 'special' friend from her 'best' friend. They both had spent lovely moments together. But Neeraj could not restrict himself in a friendship. Pimmi was then become his life. He couldn't behave like a 'just' friend with her. He again proposed to her.

    But Pimmi rejected him again. She was not yet prepared for another relationship. The bitter experiences of her past were still haunting her. She needed time for herself, so that she could be ready to connect with someone else purely, healthily. Moreover, she couldn't forget Rishi. She still loved him and she couldn't help it.

    Neeraj understood. He was ready to wait for her lifelong. But may be his patience was not agree with him. Another four years had passed but Pimmi still was suffering from Rishi-mania and Neeraj had to be just her friend. During those four years, Neeraj had proposed to her for hundred times but failed to get positive response from Pimmi. She definitely liked him, but the time didn't seem right to her. She couldn't think of another commitment...

25th JUNE, 2013:

    Neeraj had stopped contact. Pimmi was not anymore getting messages or phone calls from him. She waited and waited. But Neeraj was nowhere. One day she called him. But to her utter shock and amazement, she found Neeraj behave brutally with her. Pimmi was dying without any reason. Neeraj broke the six-years-long friendship just in a moment. He had no fair excuse for that break up. Just he did it. Pimmi couldn't stop him. He went away. Pimmi was standing there, alone, speechless, with lots of questions...

 

    Years had passed. Neeraj was always special for her. She could understand that that day's incident was just an outburst of his frustration. He was not anymore able to walk with her dependence on just a 'friendship'. He needed something else. Pimmi knew that but failed to give it to him. Neeraj deserved it. But she gave all her love to Rishi who never was hers. She wasted her life loving him. She deprived Neeraj. But she had no other choice! The circumstances were not in her favour. When the time came, there was nobody in her life.

    Pimmi loves Neeraj. But her love never reaches him. She tried to let him know about her feelings, but Neeraj might ignore that. Pimmi wonders how a man can change all of a sudden! Neeraj, who never wanted to lose her, now can avoid her, misbehave with her, hate her. Pimmi is now successful in her career, but somewhere she failed to live a natural life. She can't allow somebody else in her world. She lives alone; and may be the loneliness is ready today to take her away to God. She is lying on her bed, waiting her last breath to leave. She is looking at the ceiling with a vacant gaze. She is smiling for the last time. She has been on this earth for 31 years, but never gets a stress-free life. Now, she is waiting eagerly for a divine calm, for eternal peace...

 

    Neeraj is hanging out with his friends in order to celebrate his promotion. But he can't feel the absence of Pimmi, who has silently gone from his life and the world too; Pimmi, the girl he loved the most...

© 2014 piyaB


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

actually the story is nice..but i felt you missed few things which left me with questions.. Pimmi just bunked her school and all of sudden she was getting married... school and marriage...whats their age...Rishi's family members are there but not hers..we can understand that they both are getting married without anyone's knowledge..than she went back her home...she gets separated from Rishi..what was that..a divorce since she is married or just a normal separation because you never mentioned much about their married life..n than you also stated that she was still in control of her parents....so it left me wondering whether Pimmi finally moved to Rishi's place or not...in Neeraj she found a soul mate.. but in the end you completely changed his attitude towards her.. i understand he felt cheated but such a sudden change in him made me feel may be he shouldnt have behaved like that...yes a slow change was fine.. overall a very nice plot you have worked on.. you have crafted a beautiful story that will leave your readers asking for more.. i was enjoying reading the bonding between Neeraj and Pimmi.. nice names that suited the story... and i liked the dates you have mentioned..it kept the whole story in a time frame... liked it.. thanks for sharing :)

Raj

Posted 9 Years Ago


piyaB

9 Years Ago

first of all, thank u raj for ur valuable review. yes, this one was my first try to English literatu.. read more
raj24

9 Years Ago

i feel when you have so much to offer just let it flow and let it be on your readers what they think.. read more
piyaB

9 Years Ago

I will...... thank you Raj. Life is so unpredictable, right?? let's see what life wants me to write .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
1 Review
Added on August 1, 2014
Last Updated on August 1, 2014

Author

piyaB
piyaB

Bangalore, Hindu, India



About
I am an amateur writer. Though I've tried writing before, but it's still on the run. Actually I am a student, so don't get enough time to polish my skill. But once I want to get involved in it, becaus.. more..