aimless decisions

aimless decisions

A Story by plainme
"

Short descriptive poetic story, reflecting my feelings, thoughts and hopes.

"

Lay your head down on the pillow and close your eyes. 

Imagine you’re in a quiet place. A mountain, with snowy peaks, surrounded by nothingness. 

Imagine sitting there, on the top with the sun shining on you. Silence dominating the surroundings. 

Grass that forgot to be green grows and grows around. 

This is silence, this is sheer peace of mind, this is the eye of the storm. 

This is what I aim for.



Sometimes I need a break, get away from my life. 

Escape reality and start something that hasn’t been started yet. 

Something I didn’t think would fit in with the time that I live in, something new. 

I imagine myself sitting on the mountain top, looking in the distance, no civilization to spot, no life whatsoever, no sound to break the silence into a thousand pieces like a broken mirror. 

This is what I aim for.



Could I do it alone, could I climb the mountain top without you. 

Could I get my bags together and leave what has been home for so long. 

Could I untangle my roots from my foundations and set camp somewhere else. 

I am still looking for my excellence, still looking for my meaning of life. 

What I want to achieve is still uncertain. I want to know what I can get from it all. 

This is what I aim for.



We’re both travellers, bound to be nowhere. 

Home is somewhere unknown, home is where I’ll find my eye of the storm. 

I want to climb up with you, look for this place I long for. 

Look at the skies, the stars , the moon and find whatever I am looking for. 

This can’t be done without you. 

We don’t belong here, or there, nowhere. We belong in a place called love. 

This is what I aim for, my eternal love.

© 2013 plainme


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A mind is a place where only the one it belongs to can go, the beauty of expression is when you share those thoughts to others and reveal, "this is me". A wonderful way to start, expressing what you aim for. Where the thought began to develop and how your conclusion brought us to the end. LOVE. It is and always be what drives us all, the very essence of our being. Nice beginnings dear friend. May your growth come swiftly, may your hope remain strong, may your words reveal your deepest expressions....Write on.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

plainme

11 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate it.
Priscilla Sayers

11 Years Ago

:)



Reviews

I like this I havent read a poem of yours that I didnt like soo..yeah whats new? haha lol

Posted 11 Years Ago


plainme

11 Years Ago

thank you !
The doubts and the answer too, both authentic and many can relate to this experience. Sometimes we need the other in order to be successful or rather happy in life. Great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


plainme

11 Years Ago

Thanks a lot, much appreciated!
A mind is a place where only the one it belongs to can go, the beauty of expression is when you share those thoughts to others and reveal, "this is me". A wonderful way to start, expressing what you aim for. Where the thought began to develop and how your conclusion brought us to the end. LOVE. It is and always be what drives us all, the very essence of our being. Nice beginnings dear friend. May your growth come swiftly, may your hope remain strong, may your words reveal your deepest expressions....Write on.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

plainme

11 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate it.
Priscilla Sayers

11 Years Ago

:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 21, 2013
Last Updated on June 1, 2013
Tags: love, eternity, hopes, feelings, landscapes


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Welcome Home Welcome Home

A Poem by Andie