Untitled

Untitled

A Poem by Patrick J
"

Not sure I'd call it a poem, regardless it's still the same

"
Things will happen, things will change and you can't control it. But you can control how you think about them. If you can have a pivotal perspective all throughout the journey of life then you will find happiness. However, if you do not choose to honor perspective, you will have a difficult time enjoying your life and time here. For whatever purpose we are to serve, we serve it. It is not extreme or radical to believe in ideals that are not necessarily "sane," but it is you. Your beliefs are the closest thing to defining you intellectually and spiritually, even though it is impossible to define. Not everything you want will come to you, this is of little significance. The important thing is how you react after not receiving what you desired deeply. The important thing is how quickly you can get up and move on from the disappointment. Once given the opportunity to grasp what you desire, there is no fault to collapse on but your own. The freedom of your happiness cannot rely on your relationships with those around but your relationship with the one within you. Always go deeper, there is much more to learn about yourself than you know. Wishing for the things that can't be changed are a waste of energy and spirit. Wish for the things that change lives. Living day to day with anger inside or just having a short fuse only closes doors to your happiness. Naturally it is perfectly acceptable to become frustrated and angered, but then you have the choice to fuel the frustration and anger, or to step back and let it go in one releasing exhale. Exhale.

© 2014 Patrick J


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on February 20, 2014
Last Updated on February 20, 2014

Author

Patrick J
Patrick J

Boston , MA



About
I write what comes to me, I don't force it. more..

Writing
Fathering Fathering

A Poem by Patrick J


Rage Rage

A Poem by Patrick J