"Endless"

"Endless"

A Story by Chris
"

Sci-Fi tale!

"

Caleb tried to hold the steering wheel steady, but it was no use. The ship was hit by a missile that damaged the port side to a staggering degree. Flames and smoke poured out of the gaping hole in the Redemption's wing and capsule. It was going down and the crew could do nothing about it.


"I'm gonna put it down as easy as possible Drew!" Caleb called while pulling back hard on the yoke. The veins in his arms stood out like tree roots in the ground.


"Good luck with that, but if I was a betting man I'd say the odds of us surviving are slim to none!" Drew yelled over the screaming of the air intake from a busted window. His hair was plastered to the side of his face and a hand blocked debris from getting into his eyes.


From the ground the ship looked like a comet shrieking across the night sky. The two pilots were sure to burn up in reentry if something wasn't done soon. Drew had to stretch his arms to their fullest extent to reach the extinguisher switch to his left. His index finger stroked the button and the cabin began to fill with foam.


Caleb let go of the wheel and relaxed in his seat closing his eyes and preparing for impact.  


(I will edit this and add to the story as ideas come to me.)

   

© 2015 Chris


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
alf
Hi Chris. Short and impactive!! Are you into flash fiction?? Can be very lucrative, I hear. You have shown a flair for telling a story with creative brevity and I liked it, alf

Posted 9 Years Ago


Chris

9 Years Ago

Oh this isn't finished at all. I plan on adding to it as ideas come to me. Thanks for the comments t.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
1 Review
Added on April 20, 2015
Last Updated on April 21, 2015

Author

Chris
Chris

Writing
Lovers Lovers

A Poem by Chris