Bearings Lost

Bearings Lost

A Story by poetic-raven2012

Bearings Lost
            I will burn and you will burn me like a relic of a time long-lost, like a witch tied, bearings lost. The single glowing ember sparking the pile will smile and taunt her, creeping up on her would-be sleeping figure, teasing before pleasing the crowd, wowing before dying down.

            I will be that singed, cracked corpse that rises; the town despises, so she burns: guise? Witch. She staggers and falls but you don’t recall. You, a single one hidden behind the palace walls, a gleaming set of fiery eyes in the darkness.

            Stumbling and staggering, the almost broken, almost corpse stands, silently screaming. She takes a last burnt-lung breath before falling again, crashing into cinders that try to save themselves and crawl away. As she collapses, her memory relapses, and she takes off her ring and wings it. Someday maybe someone will find the singed silver, see it, and run.

            Like I never could.

© 2010 poetic-raven2012


Author's Note

poetic-raven2012
written 6/2. What do you think about the included rhymes and consonance?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on June 27, 2010
Last Updated on June 27, 2010

Author

poetic-raven2012
poetic-raven2012

Baltimore, MD



About
Hiya. I'm Jenn, I'm fifteen. I have the five most amazing best friends in the world. ♥ I spend as much time as possible with them as possible. I hate being home; my mom and I constantly fight. .. more..

Writing
dd dd

A Poem by poetic-raven2012