Black Cave

Black Cave

A Story by Poetic Beauty
"

This is a paranormal story about creatures that live deep inside a cave.

"
Her red hair blows in the cool night air, as she embarks on a journey that she doesn't want to take. The opening is jet black with the sound of wings fluttering. The smell that permeates from within the darkness is one of must and moisture.

A red light deep inside the cave begins to glow. That is her signal that it is time for her to enter and begin the new adventure. Slowly, carefully she walks threw the entrance and starts to head in the direction of the back of the rock cavern. The walls are damp with cool droplets for moisture, and the smell of rotten vegetation whaff up her nose.

Quickly, she opens her backpack taking out the small flashlight, and a hair tie to keep her curly, unruly strains from falling in her face. The bats are another reason to keep her hair neatly tied back. These tiny creatures that line the ceiling of the cave; are becoming restless with each step that Julia takes. The first bat flies out the entrance with swoop, and is quickly followed by the hundreds of others. The sound their wings make as they glide threw the air is beautiful. Ducking quickly, she avoids the tiny animals and keeps them from crashing into her; on their mad dash to the outside world that lay waiting in the darkness for them.

The red light in front of her begins to flickers as if the wind is gently blowing it. She knows she has to move rapidly, but carefully for if that red flame goes out she won't know which direction to take.

Moving swiftly with caution she had towards the glowing beacon of light. the air get stuffier as the entrance becomes father and farther behind her. the cave is beginning to take on a life of it's own. The walls seem to be closing in and the air is heavy and thick.

That tells Julia this is the cave they have been searching for. The one that housed the colony of vampire like creatures, with pale skin and red eyes. their hair would be white as snow, and a mouth full of razor sharp teeth to finish off their look.

They needed to catch this colony before they stopped slaughtering the livestock in town and moved on to the human inhabitants. Unlike vampires these creatures were all animal instinct. Their primary focus in life was what, and where their next meal was coming from. The similarities where there though. They held the speed and the strength of vampires, and were just as cunning when it came to feeding but don't tell a vampire that they are like these creature for that would cause a fight that you wouldn't win.

Luckily, these monsters only needed to feed about once a week, and this was a small colony. They knew that this was a small group for only five cows had been killed once a week for the last three weeks. If this was a large group they would have already taken the lives of humans.

As Julia gathered her concentration, and trudged forward the red glowing light was snuffed out quickly. That let her know, her partner Jack, distinguished it to keep from drawing the attention of the white monsters that called this place home. They must be waking and on the move. Julia and Jack had found this place too late in the night, and entered it. Now they would have to creep silently back out the entrance before the beast that lurked below caught them. If caught inside this cave with only one exit, their death certificate was already a signed piece of paper. The speed and agility of these creatures could only compare to their more intelligent counter parts the vampire.

As Julia was about to exit the cave and wait for Jack she heard and unhuman bellow with running followed behind. Scrambling to make it to the exit Julia's feet slipped on the wet surface of the rock floor. Trying to stand back up and escape into the open landscape she slipped again only this time it was from a white scaly are that wrapped around her waist. Then the creature moved it arm up wrapping around tighly on her throat. The grip was so tight it felt as if her throat would be crushed. Gasping for air Julia felt the world slipping way. Black. Everything faded to black as she lost consciousness.

© 2010 Poetic Beauty


Author's Note

Poetic Beauty
If there are any suggestion for improving the piece I welcome them.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on March 16, 2010
Last Updated on March 26, 2010

Author

Poetic Beauty
Poetic Beauty

corn country, IL



About
First off I'm on here to post my writing to have an outlet for my emotions. You will find a variety of poems. If you like take a moment and stroll through this poets mind. Secondly be kind to each .. more..

Writing